Help for Next Shoot - Bridge

Zada

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was pretty excited to shoot this bridge, but I'm not a fan of how they came out. I took about 60 shots and only liked these 4 enough to even post them. I plan on going to try again, but am wondering how to improve? Any feedback would be appreciated!!

Lethbridge053.jpg

Lethbridge052.jpg

Lethbridge063.jpg

Lethbridge090-1.jpg

I can handle a rough critique :)

Some quick notes (just my opinion, by no means universal truths):
- I think the subject is somewhat interesting, but would have probably looked even better had you chosen a later time of the day and/or a day with heavier clouds to shot it.
- The first shot is screaming for a wide-angle lens (I have run into this same problem many times myself too :))
- If you have a chance to do a reshoot, I suggest trying to experiment with different angles to see what you can come up with.

Where is this, by the way?

Some quick notes (just my opinion, by no means universal truths):
- I think the subject is somewhat interesting, but would have probably looked even better had you chosen a later time of the day and/or a day with heavier clouds to shot it.
- The first shot is screaming for a wide-angle lens (I have run into this same problem many times myself too :))
- If you have a chance to do a reshoot, I suggest trying to experiment with different angles to see what you can come up with.

Where is this, by the way?

Thanks for the feedback.

It was at 7pm, and the sun had just gone behind the hill... you think darker at night would have looked better?

I don't have a wind angle lens... and just a canon power shot as my tool.. not that it can't take nice pictures, I just have to figure out how to do that :er:

It's in Lethbridge, Alberta

Thanks again, I appreciate it

thing about bridges is, you need to either get the whole bridge in somehow, usually a slight angle looks appealing too, or shoot it straight on from either the crossers vantage point, or from the ground looking up at a part of it like you got in #3

thing about bridges is, you need to either get the whole bridge in somehow, usually a slight angle looks appealing too, or shoot it straight on from either the crossers vantage point, or from the ground looking up at a part of it like you got in #3

Thanks :) Next time I'll hike to the tip and try it from up there!!

Really wonky angles do neat things with bridges. I have one of the Zakim Bridge here in Boston that people love, mainly because it's a wild angle that kind of makes you go "WHOA!" (doesn't hurt that it was taken from a helicopter, but still...)

+1 on the wide angle.

Also, keep in mind that the whole portrait/landscape decision often ties in very much with the subject, and in this case you have a long subject, which means landscape will tend to work better.

Also, if you can, getting up close to the end and shooting along the length of the bridge might be interesting.

Just some thoughts. Good luck!

Thanks for your feedback! I will try and get a shot of the length of the bridge, I just have to figure out how to get up there :p ... seeing as I don't have a helicoper LOL

I'll also try some different/weird angles. Thanks for the ideas!

^^^ be careful! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back