Help Identifying a camera part

JAG435

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm looking to identify a part. It's beleived to be part of a vintage medium format TLR camera. It looks like the bottom portion of the viewer that mounts to the main body. Then the hood hinges off this part.

Doing internet photo searches do not show just this portion or any details to tell what camera it could be. I'm hoping someone here see's it and know exactly what model it is.

This parts was used in the Star Wars movie as a small detail pieces of a much larger prop.

Rebelscum.com; Star Wars Toy News Archive

Thank you,
Jerry Greene

[email protected]

This could easily be the side panel underneath the film advance/shutter cocking lever of a large TLR like a Mamia C330

mamya.jpg

This piece is less than 3 inchs square. Closer to 2-3/4" square.

Jerry Greene

This piece is less than 3 inchs square. Closer to 2-3/4" square.

Jerry Greene

This looks like a rectangle more tall than wide.
How about a picture with some sort of size reference, like putting a ruler along each edge.

I think it's the bottom portion of what I think is called the waist level finder.
If you look close enough at the end of one side you can see two levers that look like the pivot point of the section that swings up with the finder is open. Then along the two other sides is a channel/pocket for the housing when it's in the closed position.
Problem is, there are hardly any photos of these un-assembled. My hopes was to catch someone who's really into this and he's know just from looking at it. Or someone who's repaired these and would be able to tell from the photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back