What's new

Help identifying another camera equipment piece

Markf98

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 20, 2016
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've acquired another camera piece any help identifying it would be awesome.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    373.2 KB · Views: 240
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    366.6 KB · Views: 239
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    450.9 KB · Views: 245
I could be wrong, but I think this Jena lens is for a 4X5 large format camera.
 
Old Zeiss lens. Tessar. Look on ebay vintage camera lenses.
 
Looks like a Carl Zeiss Jena, 15 centimeter focal length f/4.5 Tessar design lens, with multi-bladed iris diaphragm, lens is Number 609387, mounted in a focusing helicoid (the screw thread mechanism).
 
It's in a really strange configuration though. I'm not really sure what camera it would have come off of.

No shutter, might have had a curtain?
 
That lens was made in 1925
 
Last edited:
Oh nevermind...I swear there was another number! Hahaha. I must be dyslexic.
 
Very interesting thread. Beautiful camera that the lens would go on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom