Help! I'm addicted to TV shows

I like:

Marvel's Agents of Shield - Clearly the best right now.
The Big Bang Theory - Still manages to make quite good storylines.
Doctor Who (aka "NuWho") - Over the top and I fail to connect to current Doctor and Companion, but still entertaining enough.
Dark Matter - Not awesome but some quite tolerable SF, and I love SF.

Most of the other shows just cant keep my attention.

Game of Thrones: Emilia Clarke or not, this is a dirty old man fantasy fest plus a brutality fest.
The Vampire Diaries: Candice Accola or not, this is a crapfest of pseudodrama, with no character development whatsoever.
New Girl: Zooey Deschanel or not, this is a series of meaningless shenannigans, nothing lasts or has a real meaning.
The Flash, iZombie, etc: Cant keep up a good storyline either.

Finished shows I like:
Firefly - the show that wasnt meant to be.
Twin Peaks - very, very weird but thats whats interesting
Buffy the vampire slayer - Damn. Best. Show. Ever.
The Wire
M*A*S*H - I only watch the first three seasons, though, the rest is less funny and gets kinda repetitive
Babylon 5
Blake's 7
Doctor Who
Star Trek
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Enterprise
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Stargate SG-1 (season 1-8)
Stargate: Atlantis
Married ... with children (Christina Applegate FTW)
Sabrina the teenage witch - first three seasons are good, after that quality gets into free fall
Futurama
Becker
Dark Angel

I became less interested in the original NCIS after Ziva left. I still watch it but like LA best and I like the Nola one too. We record probably 50 shows throughout the year.

Tonight I pretty much decided to abandoned NCIS. I've watched it for years and I agree, after Ziva left..I lost interest. Heck I even named my cat after Ziva David. But now I just don't care for it. I really liked the LA one, but its going in a differen't direction that I don't care for so I also lost interest. NOLA is alright sometimes mainly because of Zoe McLellan, she played on Jag which was NCIS is based off from. I don't know..there is just too many NCIS shows, lol. I'll probably watch them if there isn't anything else to watch or nothing to do.

They really haven't found the right chemistry between the new female agent and the rest of them, but I still love the show because of the rest of the cast. But last night's season premiere irritated me.
There were quite a few things that irritated me, but not least among them--Gibbs gets shot, nearly dies on the operating table, has multiple bullet fragments in the chest and apparently a blown-out knee, but then just comes waltzing into the office, what? A Week later? Maybe two? Judging by the fact that they were still actively working the same case, it couldn't have been long. And he's got NO visible evidence of these very significant injuries? He's tough, but I am NOT buying that nonsense.

I am unashamedly addicted to Law and Order, but I only really watch it when I'm on my stationary bike, or when I need to get my brain to shut the hell up. I also like the competition shows for whatever reason. Project Runway and Top Chef. Don't care so much about the winner, but I like to watch the contestants at work.

And then there's college football. And hockey (Rangers are playing tonight!)
I used to love L&O, the original. And the Criminal Intent one, mostly because of Goren.
But I really didn't like SVU, and then I just kind of lost interest in all of them. Too much of a good thing.

But it's a double standard I live by--no such thing as "too much" when it comes to football!

The wife and I watched way too much HGTV--to the point that we stopped watching it.

Oh, I DO love me some HGTV!! But it's one of those "background" kinda things that I might have on while I'm doing other stuff. Nothing I'd actually PLAN to sit and watch, or program and record (full disclosure: I don't actually have any means of recording shows currently. Haven't had since...VCRs went out. :lol: )

There are other shows I "like"--someone mentioned Doctor Who; love it!
But none of them are ones I actually make it a point to watch. I probably haven't seen a Dr. Who episode since the last time my oldest son came for a visit. But when he's here, we might watch them for about five hours. :D

Watching too much t.v. Comes with age these days. But with DVR, you can record and save yourself the 17 minutes of commercials.
Our son gave us a 4 terabyte hard drive with tons of shows he got overseas with the Army.
That's how we started 'binge- watching' !! :)

Watching too much t.v. Comes with age these days. But with DVR, you can record and save yourself the 17 minutes of commercials.
Our son gave us a 4 terabyte hard drive with tons of shows he got overseas with the Army.
That's how we started 'binge- watching' !! :)
Now, I will admit to some binge-watching. Especially on Netflix. Older series that I never saw when they were on live. Breaking Bad, Weeds, Justified, and a few others.

I love watching House of Cards on Netflix..Kevin Spacey is just awesome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back