Help me choose a Camera guys!

BRIANxJDM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm debating between the Nikon D3000 and D5000. I will be taking picture of cars the most so I want the best I can so I can make my pictures, picture perfect. Thanks ahead!

D90 > D5000 > D3000

Of the two, I'd suggest D5000, but if you can, spring for the D90, it's a great body.

Perfect pictures depend less on what camera body you use, and relies rather heavily on everything else.

I really don't want to spend to much on the body, D90 is out of my price range.

I really don't want to spend to much on the body, D90 is out of my price range.

That's cool, I can understand that. Go with the D5000 then. A guy in my car club just got one, he and I are always shooting together and it makes some impressive photos.

Bitter is right though, it's more about YOU than the camera, keep that in mind. :thumbup:

The D5000 has the same sensor as the D90 and D300s which is a very good thing. I like to think of the 5000 as a D90 with different skin and minus a couple of features.

The D5000 has the same sensor as the D90 and D300s which is a very good thing. I like to think of the 5000 as a D90 with different skin and minus a couple of features.

And the K-x :mrgreen:

But ya, +1 to what is quoted

Thanks for the Input, I'm waiting for Samys' to have a No Tax Sale.

I see you have a 09+ FA5, I'm going to pick one up in the beginning of next year.

I see you have a 09+ FA5, I'm going to pick one up in the beginning of next year.

Yep, 09 TWFA5! I LOVE it lol

Post up pics when you get yours! And also check out 8thcivic.com I'm on there, same screen name :mrgreen:

Yep, 09 TWFA5! I LOVE it lol

Post up pics when you get yours! And also check out 8thcivic.com I'm on there, same screen name :mrgreen:
Cool I'm on there too with the same screen name as here LOL

I'm debating between the Nikon D3000 and D5000. I will be taking picture of cars the most so I want the best I can so I can make my pictures, picture perfect. Thanks ahead!

Auto photography depends largely on the framing and lighting.

Lenses, time of day, lighting, and surroundings matter more than your camera.

I have read that, Well I just want an opinion on which body will be better.

I have read that, Well I just want an opinion on which body will be better.

The cheapest. That gives you money to spend elsewhere. Also, look at used cameras.

Most reactions

Back