Help me choose for a photo contest!

~justsarah~

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have 5 favs... I can't enter this many and need to choose...

Constructive criticism appreciated - really! Feel free to let me know why/why not you love/hate the following:

vote1.jpg

vote2.jpg

vote3.jpg

vote4.jpg

vote5.jpg

Thanks! Feel free to let me know why it works or why others don't... I'm always up for other's opinions. :)

#1 looks like a quick cut-n-paste and #3 is out of focus or motion blurred, so ditch those. Really like the expression on #5, but the person (?) in the background distracts, another to bin. That leaves #2 & 4. I'd give it to #2 because the background is more pleasing to me. However, in nearly all of them you can tell you used the built-in flash because the catch lights are pretty much dead center of the pupil. I'd try to clone them out of the center and move to a more pleasing spot.

Nice looking kids.

1. I vote no, Overexposed and soft in the face. IMO
2. I vote no, very harsh flash on the face and the background seems too dark.
3. I like but seems soft also.
4. I like this one.
5. I think this one is your winner.

Thanks SO much... love the feedback.

kundalini... tell me mroe about "cut-n-paste"... what do you mean?

And I kind of liked the break-the-rules look about #3... being that it is out of focus. Or is that just me? Is it really just a bad shot?

Thanks again!!

1. I vote no, Overexposed and soft in the face. IMO
2. I vote no, very harsh flash on the face and the background seems too dark.
3. I like but seems soft also.
4. I like this one.
5. I think this one is your winner.

ditto, ditto, and ditto.

Also, I love the composition of all of them. You have a great eye.

Honestly, you won't win with any of them =(

#1- the background is distracting, especially since the kids aren't dressed to match...you'd need to go urban grunge for this to work, but they look sweet and Valentines - ish. The red bow is overpowering and you've blown the red channel. The girl is OOF. The boy looks too yellow. The whole image is tilted and not in a good way.

#2-WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too flashy...she's washed out and you have pin-prick catchlights...I'd say NEVER use your onboard flash.

#3- This one is not "soft"...it's OOF =( cute expression and maybe an ok snapshot for a scrapbook...but not contest worthy

#4- would be super cute if you hadn't used your flash...I wonder if with a little cloning you could fix it up enough for the contest?

#5 - would also be super cute if you hadn't used your flash and if there wasn't a leg coming out of his head. He looks a bit yellow and the whole image is tilted...which might not be so bad except that the lines of the background lead the eye straight to the leg coming out of his head. =(

2 after editing to get some of the colour back and take the harshness away or 5 :)

I like them all actually. Very cute kids. If I had to choose one id pic 5.

i think ur winner is #2
such a beautiful girl... her eyes says it all!
i love it :]
great photos

Thanks so much for the honest feedback. It really really helps me learn. :) I'm going to enter anyways just for the experience. Not expecting to win but hopefully won't have the worst photos...LOL. Deadline for entries is today.

I am trying hard to get to a point where I'm not using a flash. Maybe I should take a class on that or something.

Anyways thanks again! Any more feedback always welcome. :)

I like them. I think that he is better dressed with the background, with his tie loosened in the first one.

I love the second one. I see alot of people making their photos past the natural look and into the 'artistic look'. I think this is a great capture and good editing. Her eyes are amazing here.

3 is out of focus abit. But I love that expression, lol.

4 is another great photo.

5 is good, but some of the background is too close to his head.

I would say 2. Either way you should be proud of all of these.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back