Help me find a good Messenger-type bag?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all. I have had my Lowepro Slingshot 300AW bag for over a year now and I have seriously used it maybe three times. I have a $15 vidpro bag that I use when I go everywhere because it hangs at my side with easy access to anything I should want to grab out of there. This is why I come to the conclusion its about time to say goodbye to old faithful here (300AW) and find me a messenger bag I like. I will get much more use out of one of these, I believe.

Now, I would like it to hold the following:

Nikon D90 body, gripped
Nikon 28-80mm F/3.3-5.6G
Nikon 50mm F/1.8D
Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6
Sigma 105mm F/2.8 Macro
Nikon SB-600

If at all possible, I would love it to hold a Sigma 70-200 F/2.8 also. If not possible, Im sure I can deal. But, I am looking into getting that lens in the coming weeks and I would love it if the bag could hold the lens. If at all possible, I would like to have the lenses sitting up, bottom to top for easy access so removable dividers would be great, but not neccessary.

I have seen the Tamrac Messenger series, but I can never really get any clear information about them as to how much they actually will carry. Any help here would be amazing.

Thanks everyone in advance.
Mark

I can never really get any clear information about them as to how much they actually will carry.
Because they can't tell you that.

There are so many different combinations of gear it would be impossible for them to do what you want.

They give the dimensions of the bag length, width, height, usually inside and outside.

YOU have to measure YOUR gear and figure out if it will all fit, or not.

I understand that. I meant I can never get a photo of the inside of the bag and any information on how many compartments are possible with any given bag. With the Lowepro bag, I saw the inside with dividers in tact. I cant seem to get a photo like this of any of the Tamrac bags. They all are shown full to the brim or closed. Sorry if I stated that wrongly and for any miscommunication this caused.

Mark

What's the difference between a sling type bag like the slingshot and a messenger bag?

A little bulkier than what I would consider a messenger bag, but I've always liked the Domke F-2. It would fit everything you listed.

Supraman: Messenger bags hang at your hip with one strap that goes across the body and on the opposite shoulder. Sling bags, too, have one strap that crosses the body, but are still carried on the back and usually act just like a regular bag (with a possible side-opening pocket)

Mark

After a little more searching, Im seriously considering the Tamrac 5612 Pro 12 bag. After measuring up everything, this should fit it all just fine, I think. Does anyone have any experience with this particular bag?

Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back