help me pleeeease!

nabero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is my edited photo:
835120041liu1.jpg

This is actually one of my more favorite photos (it's sentimental and I personally think it looks pretty neat)...but I can't seem to edit it properly...the colors just never seem to work completely, and the richness of different areas seems a bit off (?) I feel like there is something I could do with a crop, but I've grown so used to seeing the original that I can't figure it out! I would love some fresh eyes to take a look at this!

Here is the original, please feel free to show me examples of crops or edits if you feel so inclined :sillysmi:
835120041origox9.jpg

cheers!

I did not...I took this a while ago when I was still getting used to manual settings. I'm getting the feeling that the shot as is would be pointless to work at editing too much...:oops:

I can try something when I get home. I might go overboard, though, since I'm so new to all this post-processing stuff. :lol:

It's never pointless or hopless... this is a little more like an illustration but it might help the creative juices flow:

835120041origox9.jpg

nice colours in the sky ... and very German with the METRO sign ;) Living very close to the Metro headquarters myself ;)

Do you have any larger copies of the photo?

This image is very small and there are quite a few jpeg artifacts

It's never pointless or hopless... this is a little more like an illustration but it might help the creative juices flow:

835120041origox9.jpg

Personally I think that's a little overdone, and it brought out artifacts and halos around the buildings.

I'm not at home where I have PS, so I can't SHOW you...but if it were me, I'd try to darken the foreground a bit, so it's more silhouetted, and do some slight saturation and contrast bumps to the color in the sky....

...my personal opinion is that often, less is more, and subtlety goes a loooong way.

Do you have any larger copies of the photo?

This image is very small and there are quite a few jpeg artifacts

At the moment I don't...I'm still conjuring up the effort to install my new dvd drive...the original file is on a DVD...I'll try to post it up when I get myself all put together...though the quality of the original isn't too great either.

dont worry... i'll screw it up for you.... give me 10 minutes... ;-)

well... here's what i came up with... sorry, lol

835120041liu1copy.jpg

sorry shorty, not my taste at all ;)

no offense ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back