help me with my first medium format camera

Well, Wizard ... maybe if you went to, say, a vintage car forum and expressed the opinion that old cars were too much trouble and expense to bother with, you might get some responses that would give you a hint.

Or, you could go to a forum for fishing enthusiasts and tell them you prefer to just buy fish at the supermarket because fishing gear costs too much.

Or, try a vintage watch forum and tell them you can tell time just fine with your smartphone so ... what's the big deal about watches?

I'm sure you will be warmly welcomed at the above and many other similar forums and the members there will be glad to explain it all to you.

I'll give you one hint though: It has to do with something that one might find at a party floating in the punch bowl.

:lol:

Fresh from the APUG echo chamber where fabulism, denial, and incivility drown out the slighest suggestion that film doesn't work for everyone.

By the same token, don't I have the same right to express my opinion?

And, "incivility"? Maybe. Takes one to know one, I guess. Your rudeness on this forum is well known.

But, "fabulism"? and "denial"? -- how so? This is a film forum. It's for film photo enthusiasts of which I am one. And, I have never said that "film is for everyone" or anything remotely similar. Your criticism is a falsehood.

It's not about "film vs digital." It's about appropriate comments on an enthusiast's forum. See my comments to Wizard above. You could use the same exercise, it appears. Only a dolt would expect to be welcomed in a place full of enthusiasts of a particular activity while making comments that invalidate their activity.

But, then it would take rudimentary social skills to be aware of that concept. A point that is most likely lost on you, cgw.

Vintage cars are a PITA. Especially if you drive one every day.

Just ask me, I drive an antique MG.

Every day. ;o

My first foray into medium format found me buying a Bronica. I lucked out and found an ETRS with a lens, film back, and pentaprism for a great price. I've found it to be a solid camera at a more reasonable price than some Hasselblad's I've looked into. When it comes to lenses they can get salty, but not outrageously expensive.

Hope this helped.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back