Help me

Tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tls-photo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It seems like I can't get my images sharp enough, I have tried different ISO's and settings to help with camera shake. I just can't get that wow factor. What am I doing wrong? Am I just being too hard on my self.

There was good color present, interesting back ground and still it looks like a snap shot I think.

Comments please!

PaigeMedium.jpg

It looks like the face is a little out of focus on this one. Other than that, Im no expert, but you might try post process sharpening a little differently. Of course, first make sure the full subject is in focus, then set your unsharp mask to 150, 0.3, and 0 in post production, even after you downsize for web viewing. That might be all you need for that little extra "wow" factor.

Also, I think you may be smashing the pixels too much when you prepared this one for web viewing. If you are going to downsize for web viewing, make sure you maintain a high quality JPEG, and not do Save for Web at 60 or 70, but more like around 80, 90, or 100, even if it turns out to be a bit large.

NJ

Post a larger image. It's hard to judge sharpness at that resolution.

You might want to try manual focus if you aren't doing so already, or if you're shooting with kit glass, maybe look into a new lens.

All DSLR images need PPing it's just part of it. I PMed you with what I did here. I sharpen it some.

dog01as.jpg

dog02as.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back