Help needed with camera

Rob1234

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, I'm doing a short series of 'interview-style' videos for work. I'm not a professional photographer by any stretch and need some advice on cameras/lenses work best for this type of work. It will be up close and the quite strong lighting with a white background. As I only need it for a short space of time I'm not going to buy a camera I was thinking of renting one of Fat Lama. These are the cameras currently available. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated guys! Thanks a million.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm doing a short series of 'interview-style' videos for work. I'm not a professional photographer by any stretch and need some advice on cameras/lenses work best for this type of work. It will be up close and the quite strong lighting with a white background. As I only need it for a short space of time I'm not going to buy a camera I was thinking of renting one of Fat Lama. These are the cameras currently available. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated guys! Thanks a million.
Hi and welcome to the forum.
"quite strong lighting" is something that is very relative ;) . If you want to take a look at my videos, I´m shooting with 4 x 100W LEDs which is quite a lot. Still I need to use ISO 1000 to get a well exposed video on white background.
Is there any other camera rental in your area? I´d go for a sony a7sII or a7rII (the first if you are going to focus manually, the second if you consider using autofocus for whatever reason), but I didn´t find these cameras in their lineup. A quick search returned this: Pro Centre - Pro Centre they have both cameras and together with a 55mm zeiss lens, that would cost you 91 bucks per day.

Rob1234 - Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not just trying to drive traffic to that site - most people here are not going to follow a link from an unknown member who just joined today. You'd get better responses if you listed the cameras you're considering.

Rob1234 - Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not just trying to drive traffic to that site - most people here are not going to follow a link from an unknown member who just joined today. You'd get better responses if you listed the cameras you're considering.

Yeah, I agree. And I'm usually willing to type out a long detailed reply to help almost anybody.

If You are Beginer and Don't want to Invert more money on purchasing Camera then Go For Nikon D3300 or D5100. If you have Good Budget and looking for high regulation camera then go for Nikon D810 is one of the best Professional Camera but this was Quite Expensive you need to Invest Around 3000$ on That

Use your smartphone. Seriously, thats by far your best option. Because you dont have to learn anything to operate it and you have to do these interviews already NOW.

For the record, I heard that the most important thing is audio anyway. With video in general, not just with interviews, but for interviews its especially obvious.

Most reactions

Back