Help needed with sharpening in ACR

andrewcollier

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am struggling to understand the workings of sharpening in ACR with Elements 6. Previously I had settled for the default settings, but there must be many times when they would be better varied. Are there any online tutorials that would give me some guidance?

Any thoughts appreciated

I am struggling to understand the workings of sharpening in ACR with Elements 6. Previously I had settled for the default settings, but there must be many times when they would be better varied. Are there any online tutorials that would give me some guidance?

Any thoughts appreciated
I use Photoshop Elements 6 (PSE 6) but I don't sharpen in ACR, I do that in PSE 6 itself.

I changed my workflow a bit and now do my RAW to JPEG conversion in Digital Photo Professional (DPP - the Canon software that came with my XTi) and just do some minor adjustments there...white balance, Picture Style changes, some noise reduction (if it's really bad) and lens aberration correction, but no sharpening. I then bring the JPEG into PSE 6 and do all my editing there...levels, contrast, color and sharpening (with Adjust Sharpness instead of Unsharp Mask).

I mostly use ACR to straighten crooked horizons now, not much else.

Most reactions

Back