Help on lens selections:

Kusca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need some help for which lenses to choose I think I got most of them nailed down, I will be upgrading to FF sometime late 2011 or early 2012 part of my dilemma comes from here. I shoot mostly wide angle with what ever light I have available.

With the Nikon D7000

---> Samyang 14mm f/2.8 very sharp (photozone.de) and cheap

Problem I have with this is how cheap it is, I am worried about sample variations and that Photozone.de got a very good one. I know this does not mean end all be all but Kenrockwell does not like it. The flickr group has brilliant pictures.

I need help for a midrange zoom, I cannot decide between a FX lens and a DX lens, I would like the ability to use my lenses on a future FX lens I buy.

----> 16-85mm f-3.5-5.6 VR (very sharp lens VR, 24mm equivalent on 35mm)

or

-----> 24-85mm f2.8-4 (again very sharp lens faster aperture can work natively on a FX camera that I may buy later)

I would like the ability to somewhat have wide angle on this zoom just in case the Samyang does not work for a shot (i.e less distortion).

The other 2 I am pretty certain on:
50mm f/1.8
55-200mm VR ( I know it is a DX lens but I never use telephoto maybe 4 times out of every 1000 shots)

Thank You for your time

Last edited:
I love my 35 f1.8 on my d7000, the Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED AF-S is pretty dang good.

Most reactions

Back