Help Please all ideas considered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on completely missing the point.

It had nothing to do with the quality of the photographs. This IS a beginners' forum and one would expect to find beginners' work. Rather it was about the quality (and intellectual honesty) of the critiques.

oh, so there is a right and wrong type of critique? Ya, you know what... there IS... posting something like this:

Here's an idea... go back and consider all the advice that's been given in your previous threads.

Lame ideas BTW.

That's some high quality and intellectual honesty right there!!!
:thumbdown:

i like #6

:thumbup:

Apparently Kent State Universities art programs failed me. Certainly there is no way I can make a living as an artist because I know nothing.

Oh...wait...

I'm a science major from the College of Charleston and make a damn fine living working for the Department of Defense... I can promise you this... NO ONE in my professional community talks to an intern or any other recent graduate with disrespect.... and trust me when I say this, your Kent State University art program and all your expertise won't make you a DIME if you can't respect others. In the real world, its not always about what you know, its who you know... as sad as that is, its true. So you learn how to talk to people the correct way, and that even though there is truth to be said, you say it nicely with encouragement. Maybe us "moms" are banning together because we know how this world works and we know how to treat others. I would PRAY that my child learns this from me... that you in no way shape or form have to agree with or accept something, but you are obligated as a decent human being to respect it.

I wondered why when I logged back on I had only 6 friends instead of 7... you unfriended me.... wow.... srsly???? :confused:

yup, I am in no position to offer anyone critique or criticism on strobe lighting because i know nothing about it... But I do know that I like #6, its a good picture in my opinion... and I'm sure he felt good about my comment. sorry, me no gots no art degree from Kent State...

Well then you need to keep EVERYONES comments in context as well. No?

And if you haven't noticed, many of the forum's more experienced and prolific critics have left for greener pastures while the newbies proliferate. As that ratio diminishes so does the signal to noise ratio. See the big picture.

If you're so damn displeased, why do you leave with them? I mean, by you being a member since October 2009 sure doesn't earn you time in service credit so i'm not sure how you would know who has left for what... but if you miss them that damn bad, go join them! Dont sit here and rant about other people's useless comments a useless thread when you continuously keep posting in it.

And if you haven't noticed, many of the forum's more experienced and prolific critics have left for greener pastures while the newbies proliferate. As that ratio diminishes so does the signal to noise ratio. See the big picture.

If you're so damn displeased, why do you leave with them? I mean, by you being a member since October 2009 sure doesn't earn you time in service credit so i'm not sure how you would know who has left for what... but if you miss them that damn bad, go join them! Dont sit here and rant about other people's useless comments a useless thread when you continuously keep posting in it.

Chill out man, you are not helping anything

Apparently you didn't listen to the numerous recommendations that you make some effort to use proper grammar, punctuation and/or spelling.

I'm not taking any sides here, but I think it's damn funny that the first person to go off about the OP's grammar.... had a grammatical error in that VERY SAME POST. And numerous ones in some of his other posts.

Carry on....

I will assume thats directed at myself, because I admit I suck at spelling and whatnot, but my sentences can be read with no issue to understand, can you say the same for his? I never said it needs to be perfect, just easy to read. Commas and periods do wonders!

had a grammatical error in that VERY SAME POST.

was it the use of Grammer? I must have missed the squiggly red line under that one. Whoops.

Apparently you didn't listen to the numerous recommendations that you make some effort to use proper grammar, punctuation and/or spelling.
I'm not taking any sides here, but I think it's damn funny that the first person to go off about the OP's grammar.... had a grammatical error in that VERY SAME POST. And numerous ones in some of his other posts.

Carry on....

And to whom would you be referring? Feel free to correct my grammar any time.

see my above post, I will take the fall for it, its gotta be me.:greenpbl:

ohh and five0boy01, if you want to get technical, its not proper to use all CAPS periodically through your post, also you use 4 periods in a row to convey a pause, traditionally there are only 3... I am just being exactly correct!

And, 6 or 7 errors in that post...

You may be correct about me, but I wasn't the one bashing the OP for grammatical errors.

Meh, I am bummed by what TPF has become...

Amen brother.

Now all i can say is this thread is appauling.
Some of you seem to miss the point of TPF, people come here to learn, this is in the BEGINNERS section, if you don't want to talk to new people DON'T ANSWER THE FREAKIN POST.

For example.....

What are people coming here for then (mom)? They are coming to get critiqued on technical and compositional merit. If you can't do that, then why respond at all?

This is the at the hight of hypocrisy.. more to the point if your just going to be outright rude with no valuable advice what so ever, why are YOU responding, and keep resonding to this thread?
You don't need to answer that, all you need know is 3 strikes and your out.

IDEA....
Have one thread that you can rant and ramble off all your questions, whoever wants to help can, and we will not be overrun with multiple posts by the same user every day there are new ones. LETS HAVE ONE BIG I'm New To Photos Thread just for him.

How ya like that kid?

BETTER IDEA...
Don't write anything in the poor kids thread!

Seriously, Flatline is right the forum has reached a totally new place lately, and i for one ain't having it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back