What's new

Help please!! i need a zooms lens

maya

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 26, 2009
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i need a zooms lens for profesional soccer photography, but i dont know which one to buy i don't want to spend a million dollars on the wrong lens. im looking at the tamronSP AF200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di. i dont know if this will work for night shots also!!
what do you recomend???
thanks
 
It all depends. I can't talk about the Tamron, because I never used it, but I used the Sigma 150-500mm. I'm guessing they are relatively similar since they both offer variable aperture. The main point I want to bring to your attention is that it is not a perfectly sharp lens. I my case to get a decent quality I need to shoot at least at f/8 and ideally at f/11 when I'm at 500mm. You'll have to keep that in mind. If you go that way, make sure you have optical stabilization. Because if not you need to crank up the ISO to 800 or 1600 in bright day light to achieve good enough speed (1/500-1/1000). With OS you can use a more decent ISO like 400 and 200 with a speed of 1/320-1/500.
That is what I got. If you want more help you should probably tell you budget and camera brand. Good luck in your shopping!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom