What's new

Help Please

Murasaki

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 27, 2012
Messages
103
Reaction score
11
Location
Japan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As most already know I am new to digcams, and have no idea about the programs out there to edit photos, so I like to know if anyone can clean up this Wedding Photo of myself and my wife from 1991. The original was lost in the 2011 earthquake and I only have this one on the PC..

View attachment 24527
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Its not legal for us to work on it. Can you contact the photographer to get the right to work on it or possibly see if he/she has it archived?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
The Photograph was taking in Taiwan in 1991, by who I have no idea as I could not speak Mandarin at the time.
 
There are a few here who will mess with copyright and not care. You will need to give them a much higher resolution version of it than this. Good luck!
 
Last edited:
Guy talks about losing everything and you are worried about Copyright? That's a shame.

I may get flamed for this post but I don't care. If I could do this photo justice I would in a heartbeat. I'm just not very good at editing yet.
 
There are a few here who will mess with copyright and not care. You will need to gibe them a much higher resolution version of it than this. Good luck!

$310px-Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.webp
 
Last edited:
I am really moved by your story.... May you feel her presence with you for ever; that is a good edit; you will get more

Regards :D
 
Sorry for your loss.... I don't see this as a copyright issue as you are just trying to restore a photo.
 
Restoration doesn't infringe copyright I don't think, changing the picture from original would, but if you are restoring it to how it was when it was taken, I don't think that is copyright.

Like painting and sculpture restoration etc?

I hope you get this sorted! :)
 
Restoration doesn't infringe copyright I don't think, changing the picture from original would, but if you are restoring it to how it was when it was taken, I don't think that is copyright.

Like painting and sculpture restoration etc?

I hope you get this sorted! :)


Technically, the original artist hasn't given anyone permission to restore / edit the image.
 
Restoration doesn't infringe copyright I don't think, changing the picture from original would, but if you are restoring it to how it was when it was taken, I don't think that is copyright.

Like painting and sculpture restoration etc?

I hope you get this sorted! :)


Technically, the original artist hasn't given anyone permission to restore / edit the image.

But since he paid for the photos they are now his to do with as he pleases. Unless otherwise stated at time of purchase.
 
But since he paid for the photos they are now his to do with as he pleases. Unless otherwise stated at time of purchase.

Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on the copyright laws in effect at that time and where they were taken. Laws change, and they're not always the same everywhere else.
 
WOW!!!!



If this thread turns into a copyright tug-O-war.......
:cry:
 
It will....it is what photographers do....ever been to an ASMP meeting
 
But since he paid for the photos they are now his to do with as he pleases. Unless otherwise stated at time of purchase.

Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on the copyright laws in effect at that time and where they were taken. Laws change, and they're not always the same everywhere else.

All down to the purchase agreement. Depends of he bought the service or bought the photos. big difference.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom