help please

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Nannii, May 24, 2006.

1. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

The 18-70 is by far the better lens for people and buildings here. 28-300 is a range which is IMO too ambitious for one lens - you're going to find that it will most likely be soft at both ends and not let enough light in.

Also, buildings generally you want to be in the 20-50mm area. People come out best with a lens about 50-80mm (on this size sensor).

Don't bother with a TS lens until you know exactly what you're doing. They're usually very expensive and are a bit complicated for when you're starting out. Also, perspective control is one of the marvellous features available in Photoshop - buy a copy of that instead!!

Rob

2. 2framesbelowzero

2framesbelowzero TPF Noob!

3. Nannii

Nannii TPF Noob!

Thank you all
    I got a chance to test of the D70 with the 18-70 mm and i found i like it a lot .. so im going to get my hand on that plus a nikon 50mm F1.8 D

and once again
    Thank you !

4. 2framesbelowzero

2framesbelowzero TPF Noob!

Excellent ..sure you'll be happy with it

5. petralap

petralap TPF Noob!

Try the new 18-200mm which with a digital SLR translets to an impressive 27-300mm. I've just bought it for my D200 (hope it works also with D70).
    27-300mm should cover most of the range you'll need. However, I personally will need to buy also a wider engle lens as most of the pictures I take are of landscapes.

6. spiky_simon

spiky_simon TPF Noob!

Bigger zoom range lenses, such as the 28-300 usually have a quality tradeoff. the 18-70 kit lens is probably a good choice, if you're shooting buildings )the 300mm is not really going to help unless you want to shoot far off details), and a 50mm prime lens is always a god choice :)