HELP::: PROTECTED PHOTO PAPER

put a stamp on the back of the photo. it might help as it will be seen by the individual making the scan.

several years ago i had to give a friend a letter on letter head for her mother who wanted a christmas card made from a snapshot i made of her, and i mean this was a snapshot style image but the people making the cards indicated this was not taken by an amatuer and wouldn't do anything without the releases.

So there are companies who do pay attention, including some of the 1 hour places.

Thank you. I truly feel that this is the route that i will have to take. Someone else also mentioned about the stamp. I am going to do this. As I stated I just started doing this so everyone input is greatly appreciated. I have learned soooooooooooo much from this board and i have only been on here a few days.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS GREAT FORUM!!!!

OHHHHHHHHHHHH thanks so much to everyone for the advice. Yes I had this cheap ass customer who bought 2 8X10 and 4 5x7s of her photos.. next think i know I saw her a week later in WAl-Mart copying my photos!!! It took everything I had in my body not to punch her in the face!!!!
Wal-mart and other stores/labs have been sued over this...which is why they (usually) tell their employees not to make copies of photos without a release form.

It's entirely likely that your clients doesn't really understand copyright laws. The first step is to inform them that what they are doing is illegal. You only sold them the prints, not the copyright to the images on them.

You can also let the Wal-mart (or wherever) employees know that the client doesn't have the right to make copies and that Wal-mart can get in trouble for allowing or facilitating it.

Thanks Mike... I will explain this in more details to them:hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back