Help - sRAW upscaling - can it be done?

Unfortunately there are a couple of inconsiderate, "I'm Better Than You And Know More Than YOU" folks on this forum. I think they think they are either "Funny" or "Clever".
Really makes many of us wonder at times about what our mothers said? "If you can't say something nice, or helpful, just don't talk!"
Please don't paint everyone with the same brush.

what the hell is the point of sRAW?! other than designing something in firmware no one wants or should ever use.

what the hell is the point of sRAW?! other than designing something in firmware no one wants or should ever use.
I think this explains it pretty well. Especially the last paragraph. sRAW Format Explained

"To summarize all of the above, one could state that the sRAW format is simply a marketing gimmick. It is not a useful format by any means, so you should avoid using it on your camera at all costs and rather shoot with a smaller RAW format instead, which will give you full resolution and way more data at the same bit rate."

Reshoot not possible as it was a maternity shoot as she is now about to give birth.

Unless the baby has already been delivered then yes it is possible to reshoot maternity photos.

I don't think you understand. You don't know your camera settings, and you are making money. Your careless mistake costs you.

Sorry OP but I kinda have to agree.

Lets for get about what you should have done and focus on what you might be able to do.

What are the pixel detentions of the images you have and how big of prints do they want?

Without this info nobody can really say if the images are salvageable or not.

Either reshoot, or tell your client the only option is to print smaller size canvas with partial refund. You need a good customer service skill to talk to this client.

Lets for get about what you should have done and focus on what you might be able to do.

What are the pixel detentions of the images you have and how big of prints do they want?

Without this info nobody can really say if the images are salvageable or not.

agreed. Don't see the problem for most sized prints.

The 70D has a touch screen. While the setting is displaying, your thumb or finger accidentally touches the raw option and switches to sraw. The screen will shut off when you press the shutter button half way. This accident is preventable if you know all the functions of your camera.

I have the 70D and before that the T4i with touch screens and never had that problem. I am all thumbs too. Played with it a little and when you access the quick screen the last thing that was used on the touch screen is highlighted. Good to know!

The 70D has a touch screen. While the setting is displaying, your thumb or finger accidentally touches the raw option and switches to sraw. The screen will shut off when you press the shutter button half way. This accident is preventable if you know all the functions of your camera.

And yet I hear constant whingeing online that such and such camera isn't professional because it doesn't have a touch screen...

meh. just convert them and move on. I don't see anything here that would suggest accidently shooting in sRaw is going to completely ruin things.

Most reactions

Back