Help w/nikon coolpix continuous 16 shot mode

aspramn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
there should be a button or an option someplace that looks like a little watch with like 3 boxes that is selecting how many shots in a row to take and you should be able to set it back to just single shot mode.

Hi, I already did that. What I am triing to figure out is how to actually edit the photo so it is just a single shot.

what is the point of that? >_<

unless its an 'effect' you're after for a single pic. but is that really what 'modes' are for these days on pns? lol

what is the point of that? >_<

unless its an 'effect' you're after for a single pic. but is that really what 'modes' are for these days on pns? lol

The point is so that they can put "burst mode" on the spec sheet to get people to buy it.

In order for a camera to take a burst of pictures, it needs to have either a really fast processor that can write multiple frames a second or a membor buffer large enough to hold multiple frames in memory long enough to write that many shots.. Most consumer grade cameras don't have a processor or memory fast enough to do either. Think about it... most cameras now take at least 10MP you looking at a ball park of 6MB per picture. If you take a 10 picture burst, you camera would need to write/buffer 60MB worth of data. To keep the price down, they only put in a processor and memory buffer large enough to handle 1 picture. So in order to obtain a "burst" the camera takes 10 really small pictures and makes them into one so that it only has to write a 6MB file....as opposed to 60.

but isnt that borderline useless/pointless/not practical/redundant/i mean wtf man?! i understand marketing speak and the need to gloss over a feature but talk about misrepresentation...

but isnt that borderline useless/pointless/not practical/redundant/i mean wtf man?! i understand marketing speak and the need to gloss over a feature but talk about misrepresentation...

It does what it says it does... It just dosen't do it well, because it isn't an expensive camera. And its not just Nikon, I had a Sony P&S that did the same thing.

You haven't mentioned the camera model, but I have to assume its a consumer grade point and shoot. Who do you believe that camera was marketed too? What kinda of photographer would be purchasing that camera, and what features would you expect the people in that target market would want to have for that camera? What features are "must have's" "would be nice to have" and "I can live without"? And where does burst photography fit on the list of features that someone in that market would ask for?

When purchasing a $100 camera, burst photography shouldn't be very high on the required features list.

it does it in practical theory really, not a single one of those shots are at the full MP of the camera and you cant see an ounce of detail per image taken and not a single one is truly usable on its own - as a montage, if you're lucky, if you got a great sequence that is well exposed, it might look awesome but otherwise there's borderline no practicality behind that feature. even the camera companies prob know that and i will admit consumers are usually less inclined to do their research...ultimately we're the ones who go out eat up and buy it. tisk tisk really...

I had to do some digging, but here is a picture I took on my Sony of my wife jumping off a diving board... It was a $150 camera, kinda cool.... but that's it.
DSC00692.jpg

I'm sorry, but you get what you get when you buy an inexpensive camera.

like i said, good sequence + good exposure makes it a cool neat feature. but it remains a half-baked feature lol...i must say that looks great tho

Most reactions

New Topics

Back