What's new

HELP!! w/remote photo booth for party

Badpictures99

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am in charge of setting up a photo booth for a 40th anniversary party. What I would like to do is have a camera on a tripod, wirelessly connected to an iPad with the program to show the picture that is being taken at that time, and to use a wireless Bluetooth shutter button to actually take the pictures. My knowledge on photography is very minimal. But I am technologically literate. I do have an iPad I have some old digital cameras but I'm not sure if I can get them to work with this set up. Do I need to have a specific camera to wirelessly Connect to my iPad or just an adapter? I don't want to have to buy a $1000 camera for this set up. Please help me with this anyway that you can. I am taking all suggestions. Thank you very very much in advance.​
 
First you should list the cameras you have to work with and this well help with the setup.
 
I Have a iPad 2 on newest software. Cameras are nothing special, Nikon coolpix s60 and s200. And a Samsung HMX-W200tn/ca this is an older waterproof, shock proof rustproof, video camera. All cameras at least 4-5 years old. I am not opposed to buying a new camera if I need it as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg! Thank you for the help
 
When do you need to do this event?
 
You could use the IPad camera, right? Seems to be the simplest route.
 
If you have some Pocket Wizards (borrow maybe?) you can get a remote shutter release for certain cameras. Call this place to ask about your specific cameras.

FlashZebra.com: Shutter Release Cables For Pocket Wizard Plus II, Pocket Wizard Plus Receiver, Pocket Wizard (Original) Receiver, Early Model Multimax

Wireless tethering is kind of a question in my mind, but I don't tether anyway, so you will need somebody else to chime in.

My camera has the IR shutter release feature, but you have to be in front of it. The higher models will detect the IR signal from behind as well, but I think you don't have that.

I think the mid-level Nikon DSLRs can detect the IR signal from the rear, but I don't know if you can hit it from the side, for instance. (a mirror maybe?)

With the PW's, you can fire the flash(es) also.

If you know somebody with some strobes, modifiers, and a portable backdrop. Hire a relative. I would just ask him to stand (or sit) near the camera and shoot the folks as they get in place.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom