Help Wanted...D40

Freddie0288

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys todays my birthday and I have money to spend so I was wondering of the Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens is worth it for my D40??
I Like to take family photos and I also like to take car and scenery photos..I wanted to know if its a a good zoom lens because I like to focus on many of the stuff I shoot..
Thanks love this forum!!

dont have this particular lens but a lot of people have it so i guess its a good lens

family photos - a speedlight could help specially if its indoors
car pics - a polarizer & maybe a speedlight or two
scenery - wide lens .. i think the 18-55 kit lens would suffice. if you have it that is :D

happy shooting

dont have this particular lens but a lot of people have it so i guess its a good lens

family photos - a speedlight could help specially if its indoors
car pics - a polarizer & maybe a speedlight or two
scenery - wide lens .. i think the 18-55 kit lens would suffice. if you have it that is :D

happy shooting

Thanks!

According to Ken Rockwell that lens is one of the:

Nikon DX Dream Team

• AF-S 10-24 mm f/3.5-5.6G ED
  • AF-S 35 mm f/1.8G
  • AF-S 55-200 mm f/4-4.6 ED VR

I love the 55-200mm AF-S VR for my D40, I would get the VR version though its not that much more I got it refurbished on adorama.

I just got the 55-200vr for my d40 for Christmas and love it so far. Been having a lot of fun and getting shots I couldn't get with the limited zoom on my 18-55

I got a D40 for Christmas, and my only small gripe is indoor I almost always have to use the flash due to the aperture. Other than that I love it

You can get 1/2 way to the top of the heap with an AF-S 80-200 mm f/2.8D. (about $1000 used)

Be cafeful, because there is also an AF (no S) 80-200mm f/2.8D (about $800 used)

But the top of the line is the new AF-S 70-200 mm f/2.8G VRII ($2400, new) or the previous version with just plain old VR for $1500 used.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back