Help with a photo

Big

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
coffmanimages.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got this picture that I'm trying to get to look better. I'd like to keep it black and white but make the snowshoe prints really stand out. Got any suggestions? I still have the color version although it's not very colorful since it was a plain cloudy day.

Thanks- BIG

IMG_21552.jpg

I think the best way to deal with this is going to be through the use of layers. Load this into your favorite photo-editor and select the snow as one layer, and brighten and increase constrast to that, the trees as another, increasing contrast to taste, and finally [perhaps] the sky as a third, but I'm not sure there's much to be done with it.

Whoa... I selected the snow, and simply clicked auto levels (which I rarely do) and it came up with this,
IMG_215522.jpg

Then I tried using the curves tool and came up with this wild look, I kinda like it. It's different.
IMG_21552-1.jpg

Flash works nicely to add definition on plain cloudy days. If you get the flash off the camera, you have many more lighting possibilities.

Making images from a perspective other than standing with the camera at eye level can add a touch of drama.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back