What's new

Help with adapter....

idowhat_i_want

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently bought a Vivitar 285HV along with the Alzo triggers for my Rebel XS. I didn't realize I needed an adapter. I'm confused as to which adapter to get? Hot shoe to PC or the other way round? If someone could recommend a reliable but cheap adapter for this starving college student
icon_wink.gif
 
We need plug holes. I'm guessing the Alzos are 3.5mm miniphones? Kinda like a small headphone plug. If so, use this:

Never mind. My browser is being a....you know....

www.flashzebra.com

3.5mm miniphone to Vivitar sync cable. The Vivs have a proprietary port iirc. If you can't find it, email the guy that runs the site. Cheap and reliable.
 
It seems like at the back of the receiver, there is a PC connector port. And the 285HV should come with a little PC cord. Try and see if you can plug the cord to the PC connector from the flash.

Picture of the receiver back.
http://www.alzodigital.com/images/equipment/receiver_back_noted.jpg

I tried to do it that way... I'm not sure if I need to set something on the camera itself. The flash did not fire even when the sender and receiver were on the same channel.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom