help with blown out photo?

clover16

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and i wanted some advice/help on fixing a blown out photo. i googled it and the information i came up with was not really helpful. I do not own photoshop but I have access to it at school, so if someone could either pm me if they are willing to help fix it and tell me how they did it, or give me instructions that are clear and easy to understand! Thank you;)

we just had a thread about this. You cant fix a blown out photo since white is the only information the camera stored there. SO even if you tried to under expse it in post processing it will stay white. Post the photo here so we can see to what degree it's blown out.

all right!
any help is appreciated; even if the photo can't be fixed, if it can be improved at all..:)

Last edited:
give me a larger version. maybe I can work something out in LR

jpeg i believe.

for some reason i cannot make the picture bigger on photobucket. but if you pm me your email i can email it to you. thank you!

That photo is done and gone. Not to be a negative Nancy, but there is pure white in the faces of several of your friends/coworkers. You can bring in the values of some non-pure-white areas, but not much. Just retake the photo.

jpeg i believe.

for some reason i cannot make the picture bigger on photobucket. but if you pm me your email i can email it to you. thank you!
you don't have enough posts to recieve PM's. When you upload to PB make sure next to reduce to : it says 1024x768 . this will be large enough to see if it can be fixed.

here we go; any improvement would be appreciated!

Last edited:
OK i tried but only got the esyes more visible and it looked too "animated". If you shot it in RAW maybe there would be some information there.

Whoa...I don't think you can do much with that image...way too overexposed and no details in the blown out areas.

If it was RAW, maybe. Maybe. But as a jpeg, no. I tried to work on it to no avail. In GIMP, p.s.

That's right Linux users, let's band together! Woot woot!

001-40.jpg

here we go; any improvement would be appreciated!
impossible.

Some photos are total goners.
This is one of them.
There is NOTHING any pp programme can do to save this, as you cannot "save" what is not there. And in all the white parts, there is NO INFORMATION, other than "WHITE". Out of "WHITE", you can't retrieve any other information any more. The photo is for the bin. Sorry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back