Help with Christmas gift idea

tccoble

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I had this idea for a gift for a friend, I would like to put his wife and granddaughter in the upper corner as you see here but I have hit a stumbling block. After extracting the wife from another pic and then reducing and inserting into the picture I can't seem to figure out how to smooth the sharp edges and feather the image into the background.
All help will be greatly appreciated.
_MG_5060web.jpg

One approach would be to use your square selection tool and create a selection slightly smaller than the pic you want to insert. Once the box is created, feather the edges, try 10, under the selection menu, feather 10 pixels. Next go to the edit menu and click paste into. Sorry, this presumes that the pic you want to insert is coppied to the clipboard. Anyway that's one approach. Another way would be to paste the image onto a new layer, then draw a selection around the pasted image slightly smaller then invert the selection, feather it and delete. Just be sure to work with copies while experimenting so the originals are safe and unchanged. Hope this helps.

LOL...That's a winning question Big Mike. For some reason I assume everyone has Photoshop given to them at birth.

Wait...they don't give you photoshop at birth? o_O

Most reactions

New Topics

Back