Help with creases on background please

Gemmatony10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$IMG_3564.JPG
Snapped a few quickie shots of my cousins little boy this morning, and was wondering if anybody could help me with getting the creases out of the backdrop (which is just fabric pegged up). I only have the picmonkey editor and the free online pixlr, have tried clone stamp, but it doesn't seam to be working :( thanks Gemma.

I think you just need to practice more with the clone stamp.

Another thing; I wish you had not cropped the foot. I think that is actually the bigger flaw in this photo.

Most of the creases / wrinkles are right in the shadow gradient area... very difficult to do and get right... also the White balance is way off, and it is underexposed. Expression might be cute to a "MOM", but hardly flattering to the subject! Foot cropping is hardly acceptable also. I would reshoot!

I suspect you don't calibrate your monitor, do you?

Original left - Edit right

$kid.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks very much for that everyone, im an absoloute beginner and this was shot on auto mode with just 2 continuous lights, was a spur of the moment thing with my cousins little boy. Here is a more set up shot, with editing to the best of my ability, please feel free to critique this too, thanks again, Gemma. $IMG_3590.jpg

The second one looks badly over exposed to me Gemma. I am using my phone to view this though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Creases are pretty much a non issue here.

But if you really want it ultra smooth, you can always try a spray bottle of finely misted water. It works best if the cloth is then under even tension while drying, such as by hanging the rest of the excess fabric over a bar and having the weight of it stretch this fabric a bit while spraying/drying.

edit: didn't notice this was in the digital forum at first. Me and my quaint analog solutions.

I love the over exposed look, but I know its not to everyones taste, thanks everyone for all the advice.

Most reactions

Back