Help with edit?

Bobby Ironsights

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, this is the digital negative, I'd like to make into a b&w portrait of my Dad and I've been having trouble with it. particularly getting matching skin tone between face and arms. I thought if i asked here I might find someone who might be feeling generous of spirit. My Dad's perfectly fine with photoshopping, and complains nobody ever gets a good picture of him so this is really important to me.
IMG_0842 (1)lowres.JPG

Terrible mixed lighting situation.
This is a shot at it.
Decreased brightness arms
Decreased yellow most places.
Decreased red in his face.
Creative sharpening a bit

dadllll.jpg

Quick edit in Silver Efex Pro. Went with neutral preset and bumped contrast and structure up to 10.

IMG_0842 (1)lowres.JPG

Start by matching the skin tones:

Once you get that, then do the black and white conversion, followed by any finishing touches.

Personally, I'd sit him down and make an actual portrait of him, rather than try to salvage this into an acceptable snapshot of him.

I like Buckster's edit the best. :beguiled:

Also, THIS:

"Personally, I'd sit him down and make an actual portrait of him, rather than try to salvage this into an acceptable snapshot of him."

Think he'd sit still for a portrait? The snapshot you posted is not very good for a number of reasons, so if you're "into" photography, why not set up for a regular portrait?

Yup, great time to get Dad alone and spend some quality time shooting him without the distracting background and in good light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back