Help with flash

mortallis288

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
mabye im overthinking the concept of flashes..... but how in the world do you use one? i mean i hear all the bounce it off things and all that jazz but how do you know a. when to use one b. how to use one c. what to bounce it off and d. how to bounce it off, i am thinking about getting a flash but i am totally clueless if one will be useful for me or not? well i am sure it will be useful i am more afraid of something that i do not know how to use, and i dont want the flash look of the flash if that makes any sense

Flash is used in many situations. In low light when your camera cannot provide fast enough shutter speeds to work without, or in bright sunlight to lighten harsh shadows.....

When bouncing, it's generally when used indoors as you need to bounce off a wall or a ceiling (that's not too high) or possibly outside bouncing off a reflector. The light should bounce off the wall/ceiling reflector and onto your subject giving enough light to allow the sensor to record the image.

You need to learn how to use flash - ask lots of questions when you get one. I'm still learning but starting to understand a bit more.

hehe thanks now all i gotta do is save up the money

Most reactions

Back