Help with HDR

Hey, I think you could try changing the shutter speed a full stop in-between photos instead of doing it via AEV (automatic expose bracketing). To achieve this, you do need a sturdy tripod that doesnt wiggle while you are changing your shutter speed. Another idea, you could increase the EV spacing inbetween photos...The idea of HDR is also to get the greatest range of esposure into the photo. Now, I dont know how many photos you are using, but I typically use 6-7 and merge them in Photomatix pro. I hope this helps:D

Last edited:
On a side note, I see hours of macro photography fun in the last image posted in post #14 :mrgreen:

Now I want to go outside and half tear down the motor in my car, but it needs to be ready for state inspection on Friday, LOL.

Wonder if the mechanic would let me hang out under the car while it's on the lift?

On a side note, I see hours of macro photography fun in the last image posted in post #14 :mrgreen:

Now I want to go outside and half tear down the motor in my car, but it needs to be ready for state inspection on Friday, LOL.

Wonder if the mechanic would let me hang out under the car while it's on the lift?

i think the photography is the only fun part about rebuilding bmw engines and doing a swap. lol. i blew my engine a while back and i'm selling the head from the engine that is on the car now and putting a new engine in it :D

Hey, I think you could try changing the shutter speed a full stop in-between photos instead of doing it via AEV (automatic expose bracketing). To achieve this, you do need a sturdy tripod that doesnt wiggle while you are changing your shutter speed. Another idea, you could increase the EV spacing inbetween photos...The idea of HDR is also to get the greatest range of esposure into the photo. Now, I dont know how many photos you are using, but I typically use 6-7 and merge them in Photomatix pro. I hope this helps:D

i use usually 3 just because i dont have the most sturdy tripod but a few i did use 5 exposures on. what would changing the shutter do for me that AEB wont?

I do use a tripod, its a little cheap $20 one from best buy but it stays steady enough.
So 5-7 raw exposures, in manual mode. But, since i not too camera saavy i should set it to av mode to and set the aperature that i want then use the settings from av and manually adjust in M mode?
When you say exposure compensation do you mean AEB? i've never touched exposure compensation, i actually think it is in the negatives. Should i have no compensation?
Here's a few HDR's i did with 100 ISO and i want to say like 4" aperature in av mode.
I really like the way they look, but it seems like no matter how hard i try i can't get it to look as if i was seeing it in person. It always just looks surreal, which i kind of went on the deep end with these since i couldnt get them to look like they should.

yes, when i say exposure compensation i mean AEB.. also, remember that HDRs will look kind of surreal since the detail level is higher that what the eye can capture in reality

Most reactions

New Topics

Back