Help with new AVG anti-virus!!!!

Digital Matt said:
What do you mean by archived files? If you have system restore turned on in Windows, turn it off. It's a common place for viruses to infect.

As Orie said, write down the files names and find them in windows explorer. Do a search, through the start menu, find files and folders. Type in the file names, and when you've found them, assuming they aren't OS critical files, highlight them, hold shift, and hit delete on the keyboard. This will bypass the recycle bin and delete them directly.

Thank you! How do I know if I have system restore turned on?

Digital Matt said:
Avg is as good or better than Norton.

oh im sure your right, but for me personally, when it comes to computers i just dont deviate to something that is free when the other has been working well for the longest time. but i can see your point.

good luck core

md

Hey Corry...I had the same question you did. So I went to control panel, performance and maintenance...then clicked on system, and then in the system properties that come up there is a box to click to turn off system restore. I just did it...didn't know that was something bad :) So thanks for the tidbit Matt!!! Hopefully that will help ya Corry!!!

Thanks all!!!! Wolfepak over at TSF helped me via messenger. It WAS the system restore thing...but he walked be through it and made it easy for a simpleton like me! :)

Thanks so much!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back