Help with portfolio

Sundbomphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi!

I'm a Swedish photographer at my 21th year. I'm trying to make it in the business as a fashion/editorial/advertising photographer, and right now I need to take the next step and reach out to the industry!

I need some help with my website/portfolio! Right now I have lots of different photos, but I know I have to strip it down a bit. So..... I would like to have all your tips, and like I said I'm (mainly) a fashion/ad photographer!

My website is Sundbomphoto - Ung Fotograf Lule - Galleri

Thanks in advance!

yes, take most/many of them out.
take out Nature and rename NY as something work oriented.
get an email acct with your hosting company so its something@http://sundbomphoto.com
Make an equivalent front page in English and have a link to it.
Link the title to the front page

TBH, not crazy about front page

Nice photos
good luck

Hi, and welcome!

Your portfolio seems to be well-mixed, which is not good in terms of attracting potential clients who may be interested in only one particular type of photography.

I like how it works, except the back arrow takes me out of the portfolio that I was in all the way to the front page.

Rewrite the school project to remove any reference to that project having been a school project.

Personally, I don't understand why your portrait models are not smiling. IMO you should exhibit a wider style of portraiture to include more "everyday people" instead of that monotone no-smile imagery that is so common with super-model wannabes.

Can you get some personal time with one of your teachers to sit down and have some help in sorting these into the proper categories?

Last edited:
Get your ideas, big thanks.

What do you think I should do with the pictures I take away. I personally think they are 'to good' to not being showed (which means I really want to show these photos...). Should I make a other page with this shots, or what do you think?

If I get you right 'Designer', I need to take away 'school project' and just show it as a ordinary project?

About the front page, what do you guys think is 'not good'? Is it the layout/design or the function?

If I get you right 'Designer', I need to take away 'school project' and just show it as a ordinary project?
Yes, you're a professional now, clients don't need to know if that project was done for school.

As to keeping and showing the culls, I would not show them to any potential clients. Poor examples downgrade your entire portfolio. Show only the good ones. Save your culls for friends and family.

done some quick updates now. Better?

Are they some specific photos your don't thinks fit in?

could not take them away, so I created a under-page called natur.sundbomphoto.com

Most reactions

Back