help with post processing

DavidElliot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering if anyone out there could help me figure out the settings in PS to achieve this look?

I've been trying to get as close as I can but nothing seems to pan out for me. I'm not that skilled with PS yet and I would appreciate any help. I realize that there is probably a limit as to how close the effect can be without actually going film. In fact, some of you may recommend that a simple solution would be to go film. I agree. In fact, I was wondering what film would achieve that look?

I'm still interested to learn how to digital replicate the look though.

Thanks for any help.

The image in your link has de-saturated color because most of the image is overexposed. Underexposure does the opposite it increases saturation.

It's quite possible there was little or no PS work done on the image.

It's so bad it almost looks like a still from a video.

The image in your link has de-saturated color because most of the image is overexposed. Underexposure does the opposite it increases saturation.

It's quite possible there was little or no PS work done on the image.

Ditto. Look at the camera right arm. Above the elbow, there's no detail, and it looks like the sky extends to where the arm should be. That's a big red flag for overexposure. I'd say it even looks like an E6 in C41A cross-process, if the skin tones weren't still just a pale red. Definitely looks like plain-old overexposure.

Are you looking for "Cross Processing" type look?

Go to flickr or google and search for "Cross Processing" and see if that is what you are looking for.

If yes, I am sure there are a lot of "Cross Processing" plugin or action for PS to simulate the effect.

that cross proccesing style should b renamed the "urban outfitters process" cuz every single photo in there catalouge looks like that

Most reactions

Back