Help with university project.

aldohodgkinson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey! , well I just got hired to take some shots for a "prom night" for Medicine students. Anyway the idea is to have the girl pullout out the crown from the kings belly (quite weird I know)

So my question is how would you approach the project? should I get a make up artist and try to make it all happen in set with latex, fake blood and pig guts, or would it be better to shoot it without make up FX and just Photoshop it in post(Id imagine it must be hard to get it to look not so fake)

Any ideas are welcome :hug:: cheers.

I say you rent a cadaver from the local morgue and do it for real!

Well i asked to borrow one but i was told that it was unrespectful. :grumpy: do you think its better to get a make up artist than to do it in photoshop?

Hey! , well I just got hired to take some shots for a "prom night" for Medicine students. Anyway the idea is to have the girl pullout out the crown from the kings belly (quite weird I know)

So my question is how would you approach the project? should I get a make up artist and try to make it all happen in set with latex, fake blood and pig guts, or would it be better to shoot it without make up FX and just Photoshop it in post(Id imagine it must be hard to get it to look not so fake)

Any ideas are welcome :hug:: cheers.

Apparently you were hired to orchestrate a Hollywood special effects production and not take photos.

I would tell them to do what every they want and you will take the photos. Tell them to hire a magician/illusionist to teach them how.

Talk to the drama department. The special effects for this gag aren't that complicated to pull off really. A latex prosthesis, some blood packs and a crown are all you really need. If you want a squirter or two you will need a feed line and a viscus liquid pump. The easiest fake blood to make is Karo syrup and food color. Right viscosity and with a little color know how you can get that good blood look, plus it drips and sprays properly.

Most reactions

Back