HELP!!!

Mystery solved - with much thanks to ChristiePhoto.

Went to the local camera shop, explained what was going on. They were puzzled, like myself and everyone I've explained this to. Popped out the SD card and fired it into their card reader. BAM! worked like a charm. NEF files show up, proper amount of jpegs show up. However, try and read the card through the camera/USB, and they just come up as all jpegs, with duplicates of each image.

So, apparently the fault has something to do with the transfer of information from SD -> D50 -> USB -> PC.

The good news is, I have the NEF files on a CD, I bought a card reader (and a flash sync cord... I always spend more than I anticipate in a camera store), and we're good to go.

Thanks for your help.

how much was your sync cord?...and congrats

I got it used for $65. It's a sweet dull-grey color.

Alright, not so aesthetically pleasing, but it works like a charm.

good stuff....i almost get a sync cord too...but then i realize i dont really need it....because i can use wireless with a D80 for free...lol :p

Took band photos today, with my D50. Set the image settings to shoot RAW + Basic. Used up two 512 MB cards.

On the 2nd card, when I plug my camera into my computer, it shows both the RAW and JPG files. All well and good. But when i plug in my FIRST card, it just shows up as JPGs - two of each shot that had been taken. When I review the images on my camera, it says they are in RAW and JPG.

So, I'm totally screwed if I can't get those first images in RAW format, as the JPG form they are in is low quality. Anybody had this issue before? Any suggestions? Please?

Thanks.

You can try Stellar Phoenix Digital Media Recovery Photo Recovery Software. This Advanced Photo Recovery Software supports all major camera manufacturers, including: Nikon (NEF). Canon (CRW, CR2), Olympus (ORF), Sony (SR2), Kodak (K25, KDC, DCR), Fuji (RAF), Minolta (MRW) etc.

Can download the demo version from: http://www.stellarinfo.com/digital-media-recovery.htm

I got it used for $65. It's a sweet dull-grey color.

Alright, not so aesthetically pleasing, but it works like a charm.

yay i not the only one on here who loves the blood brothers

infact im listening to the jungle rules live dvd right now

Now that you have the images off the cards, i would put them back in the camera and reformat them. This should help avoid any problems in the future.
It won't reset the number count if thats something your worried about. it will just set the card back to how it should be and error free.
I've got into the habit (a good habit) or reformatting my card before i leave the house with my camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back