Here comes the Tamron 70-300..

abhishekdg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi friends,

Ok have been bugging you guys a lot for my zoom lens purchase. Even went to the extent of seeing an old 80-200 damaged filter ringed Nikon lens just for f2.8.
Now it was height and I realized that f2.8 is best when you buy the Nikon..
So til that time its better to settle doen with something much cheaper and hence bought this new baby today - Tamron 70-300 VC f 4-5.6 lens..

What can I say for I have never ever operated a zoom lens.. I am sold to the tamron with the first 2 shots..Here are they.. ofcourse theya re a little soft at the 300 mm which you can see but still very much managable for a newbie like me

bird_1_1.jpg

Bird_2.jpg

Last edited:
Have the same lens and I also like it a lot. Worked very well on my recent Alaska trip.

Its a bit heavy for a 4-5.6 lens but it sure takes some good pictures.

Yup I think I did go through your old post yesterday night. Mostly I have read through all the posts on tamron 70-300 VC lens and found it to be superior to its nikon counterpart. Today actually I did a head to head test and the nikon was a tad sharper at 70mm than the tamron. But when it crosses 200 mm , oh boy!!! the tamron is just sharper .. and the VC is great...will try and post some better shots.
In the emantime you guys can criticise my 2 shots posted above and post your shots too from a 70-300 and 70-200 to draw some inspiration.

I've got one myself. Very happy when using with plenty of light. Just bought my first L series and do see the difference with respect to build/focus speed.

I have the same lens too.

I don't use it nearly enough.

Glad you bought it;)

The first one isn't so soft because it's at 300mm. It's soft because the focus was missed. The grass slightly behind the robin is actually pretty sharp. The second is not too bad but appears just slightly underexposed. Enjoy your new lens - you'll be wanting more reach in no time!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back