here is an idea i came up with learning from Hasselblad

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by donny1963, Mar 2, 2018.

1. donny1963

donny1963 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    here is an idea i came up with learning from Hasselblad..

To me there is no reason for all the digital camera manufacture's to bury the camera sensors inside the camera like they do, you don't have to mimic the film camera and bury the dam digital sensor like that.
    Hasselblad the back view screen comes off with the press of 2 buttons and then on the other side is the image sensor right there easy to clean.
    And Nikon and canon and all the others could do this and market more backs to put on your camera body more options and all that here is a video i made on that subject showing you..

Donny

2. Ysarex

Ysarex Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
  3. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    notice where/how the controls are located on the Hasselblad due to the sensor design.

4. donny1963

Photos NOT OK to edit
    No they can do it, the technology sense then is away better and they can design DLSR's easily to do that, there is no reason to bury the sensor like that, it's not a film camera, don't have to build it like one..

Hasselblad's h5 and H6 proves this is possible and better more options and everything i think it's ridiculous they bury it like they do..

5. donny1963

Photos NOT OK to edit
    well that's just it, people who have lets say the Nikon D850, this is an expensive camera more then 5 grand for that camera..
    Doubt Nikon's next camera would be that much greater to justify buying a later model only a couple years old.
    How ever if they had Sensor backs that come off, And Lets say Nikon created a better sensor with maybe more megapixels or better quality what ever or even maybe a better view screen, they could just buy the sensor back and hitch it to their D850..
    The Hasselblad H5 multishot is 44,000.00 the H5 not the multishot is $14,000.00, the only thing the H5 can't do that the H5 multishot can do is get 200 megapixels on a buy hitching the sensor back to a Linhof.

how ever the H5 at 14,000.00 has all the same feathers and quality has the 44,000.00 with the exception to the Linhof thing....

any way, I bet you sooner or later the Camera manufactures will design their DSLR's to have a sensor on the back of the camera that can be taken off...
    just a matter of time.. If enough people requested it, lets so to Nikon, that it might even interested Nikon to produce that kind of camera sooner..
    In The end is all about $$$$ i mean that is what these camera Manufactures are there for in the end game..

I'm going to finance the H5, not a bad price, i mean i financed my Toyota Camery For $26,000.000, Why not finance a good investment like the H5 and on top of that get much higher quality pictures wider color spectrum, less noise in higher ISO settings, even capable of outstanding quality shooting at 50 ISO wich the H5 does.
    I miss the old film days, when i used my Fuji velvia ISO 50 for my Landscape Photography, the Quality was unreal, how ever less forgiving in exposures errors, because slides are positives not neg, and so can't do much to adjust that stuff with slides, slides are what you see is what you get kind of thing but the quality is unreal..

I would love to be able to go down to ISO 50 again..

Donny

6. Ysarex

Photos OK to edit
    We know they can do it and they know they can do it because they already did it. Technology isn't stopping them from doing what they already did. Therefore something else is stopping them from doing it. They don't want to do it.

Joe

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. donny1963

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well they has to be a reason why they don't want to do that, Probably marketing reasons or just greed, I mean Think of all the money they make when your sensor goes, people just go and buy another camera not worth the cost to replace the sensor at that point, And people tend to just think well time to upgrade to a better model..
    if they did create the removable sensor they would lose a new camera sale because people could just buy another sensor back and just attach the new one..

Also they got to keep their dealers making money off them dumb people who send their camera out for a sensor cleaning for $100.00 to $200.00 depending on where you send it..
    people who are afraid to do it them self with just a cleaning kit that you can buy for like $40.00 and get about 5 or 6 cleanings with it..

People take sensor cleaning way to serious, they think it's a big project, they make a big deal out of it, one person said you should only clean your sensor in a clean room LMAO
    How dumb is that, i said it's not a bloody Hard Drive , it's just a recording sensor if your not a moron and do it right your fine..

I mean if you clean your sensor on your desk and your a smoker and got an ashtray sitting on the desk with ashes flying in the air your a moron..
    All you have to do is do it in a fairly clean area, like your bathroom maybe or kitchen or your den so long as it's not infested with dust and crap your fine..

8. Ysarex

Photos OK to edit
    Base ISO for the Nikon 810 and 850 is 64. They don't require financing.

Joe

9. donny1963

Photos NOT OK to edit
    But 64 is not 50..
    and you can see the difference in just that amount of change.. And not to mention with Med format you get more light into the sensor at iso 50 then you would at 64 from a full frame camera because the H5 lets 28% more light to the sensor then the 850 would..
    The H5 has higher color range you can't get with the D850..
    Even the D850 can't compete with the quality the H5 offers..
    totally different class camera..

You have to understand..

The H5 is 5.3 microns
    Vs the D850 is 4.4 microns

which is a larger dynamic range Much larger.

Dynamic Range is 14 stops True 16 bit
    Which is a great deal more then the d850

h5 has greater dynamice range much better tansitional values

the optics are better in H5 then d850 becaue the lenses are larger and so the images that are sent to the sensor are
    much higher quality in that way as well..

your not craming all that information in a smaller optic and not cramming the information on a small sensor the image on the h5 vs the D850 is more spread out and so giving you much more room for more information,, it's physics 101

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ysarex

Photos OK to edit
    You're confused. The advantage of a larger sensor's increased light gathering becomes evident at high ISO values. At base ISO it's negligible. The H5 is 2012 tech and tops out at ISO 6400. The 850 is 2017 tech and I wouldn't be surprised if it's in fact superior to the H5 in high ISO performance. The reviewers at Fstoppers think so. Here's a comparison of the H6 (H6 is newer and improved over the H5) with FF DSLRs: Hasselblad H6D-100c Comparison Review - Full Frame Out-Performs Medium Format

Dynamic range is not measured in microns. An indirect relationship exists that is not causal.

No. Here's a DR comparison between the H6 and the D850: Photographic Dynamic Range versus ISO Setting The difference is 1/3 stop advantage to the H6. The H6 is newer and improved over the H5. So the new and improved Hasselblad has a slight advantage over the D850.

That's ridiculous. The physical size of the lens is not a factor in determining optical performance. Read that Fstoppers review about the Hassy lenses on the H6 -- the Nikon lenses are superior and that right there is enough to tip the scale and make the D850 the better performing camera: Hasselblad H6D-100c Comparison Review - Full Frame Out-Performs Medium Format

Joe

Here's another: Hasselblad H5D-60 vs Nikon D850 | Porovnání digitálních fotoaparátů

11. TreeofLifeStairs

TreeofLifeStairs No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree with you that it’s physically possible but I don’t know how advantageous it really is. I think it would create more of a headache for the manufactures.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. donny1963

Photos NOT OK to edit