Here we go again.

guadalcanal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, it was clear by my previous photo that I am not good at all at black and white... but I decided to put a few more of my pictures in B and W. Here they go, please tell me if there is anything wrong with them. :D

2usit0k.jpg

11lkc3b.jpg

14v4ok.jpg

Thank you :D
It's nice to here I did something right for once xD

Subjects and conversion work good in these for B&W, I think.
How do you convert them?

Subjects and conversion work good in these for B&W, I think.
How do you convert them?
I used LightRoom for the conversion. I didn't do too much else, except darken the darks, and lighten the lights on the first one. :)

Its all a learning curve. You take some shots, post them up. Get critique and learn. So what DID you learn from your bridge shot? You have certainly learned something!

I learned that I need to make clear what the picture is supposed to show. For example, my bridge shot showed mostly the reflection of a cloudless sky, which was just plain white, and a bridge high at the top that was unfocused. I also learned that there must be something going on in the picture. Again, the bridge showed very little detail, whereas my later photos are filled with meat, per se.
Those are just a couple things I learned from all you guys' helpful criticisms :D

I also learned that there should be lines going across the picture. My bridge was just a tilted line at the very top. My later pictures have more geometry in them.

I like these! The third is just an escalator...but it's a well-balanced and nicely exposed with good DOF. The first two are pretty good! I see what you are going after...and you hit it on the head IMO.

Those first two are lovely. IMO the first borders on exceptional.

My thoughts as well; the first shot is excellent. The second one is interesting. The third one's subtle grey tones overall are not to my liking as much. The first shot though....VERY nice! AS manaheim said, bordering on exceptional.

Thanks guys! :) The first picture is of the subway stop "BeiYuanLu", which is right near my house.

My thoughts as well; the first shot is excellent. The second one is interesting. The third one's subtle grey tones overall are not to my liking as much. The first shot though....VERY nice! AS manaheim said, bordering on exceptional.

^THIS. I REALLY like that first shot!

Glad you didn't quit trying, just because you thought you weren't very "good" at b&w--we GET better by doing! Keep taking the photos and keep posting them and letting them get C&C'ed, because if you do, and then you go out and apply what you learn, your photography WILL improve.

Another vote for the first one. The others are pretty good too, but the first really stands out. I'd probably clone that white spot in the upper right. You don't need it to break up a pattern because there really isn't one here - all the spot does is draw attention to that corner and I don't see why that's a good thing.

Nice job on these. #3 is..meh...but you nailed the exposure. Nice Job.

Haha, I hadn't noticed the white spot, thank you for pointing it out :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back