Here's Lookin' at You...

93rdcurrent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.timlorphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ran into these guys in downtown Spokane. They were in from Portland to do a show. Got to shoot the show too... Here's the Hammered Grunts.

Attachments

• $2415627810_272d70be9e_o.jpg
    $2415627810_272d70be9e_o.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 133
To me (old generation) it still is a "major sin" to cut off someone's feet in a photo ...

To me (old generation) it still is a "major sin" to cut off someone's feet in a photo ...

Never heard that before. Now all I will be paying attention to is 'do the shoes show?'. Human nature is to strive for perfection and criticize that which falls short (and keep it to ourselves soas not to hurt feelings)(or not). Wonder how many such rules we use subconsciously. To me baggy pants are a "major sin".

Every now and again I peruse my Ansel Adams books and think what I might do differently (and think 'who am I? to think I could better the master.)

Not bad at all. Maybe squat down and get different angles of them there to sort of show a sense of dominance or importance because they are in a band...a rock band especially. Let's take it to the next level...that's what I am challenging myself with too currently...you see what I mean? Yeah I can take a nice photograph, nice composition and all of that technical stuff...but now it's time to take it to the next level and generate new ideas instead of the cliche pics...ive seen this before. Like...in a few of my pics I've currently taken...I've seen it before...let's see new things.

It would of been cool to perhaps go beside the wall and get shots from the side and sort have them go down a row, seeing face to face down the line...if you see what I mean.

I looked at some of your work on flickr and they are pretty dang good...so that's why I am challenging you with that...overwhelm yourself with photos and researching to develop you style even more!! =)

Thanks for the comments.

CG- I've been doing a lot of just that sort of thing. I was on a photoroll that day with about 15 other photographers when we ran into the band... I had to give a certain amount of distance and time consideration with the other photographers. I went to their show that night with their approval and shot over 200 photos. I have just begun editing some of them. Maybe I'll post some of them here in this thread. They are pretty good coming from someone who was in HS in the mid 80's and grew up with the Nardcore and LA hardcore scene.

Yes, that is blood on the guitar. He shredded his nail while playing and didn't stop until after the show was done.

Attachments

• $©Play it Until You Bleed copy.jpg
    $©Play it Until You Bleed copy.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 94

Most reactions

Back