Herons & Ducks

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I captured a tricolored heron and a couple mallards yesterday. The mallard shots are somewhat dim and noisy because when they saw me they moved from a lit spot with a nice frontal shot to a dimly lit spot with a rear shot before I could capture them. :mad-new:
No problem with the tricolored, he just sat there in that beautiful golden hour light and let me take as many pics as I wanted. Yeah, I chopped his legs off but that's because there wasn't much to see below that point, the reeds covered everything up quite a bit.

11142024-studio.jpg

11142040-studio.jpg

11142033-studio.jpg

Last edited:
The lighting in these are really wonderful, Kirk. The golden ripples of the first and backlight of the last are what I like most about them.

Great lighting on the herons. The last one for me.

the first looks tilted towards the left, look at the water line on the duck's backside. nice job on the herons.

Heron shots are great.

I like the Heron shots.....
The lighting in these are really wonderful, Kirk. The golden ripples of the first and backlight of the last are what I like most about them.
Great lighting on the herons. The last one for me.
the first looks tilted towards the left, look at the water line on the duck's backside. nice job on the herons.

For a dollar I'll correct the tilt. ;) Ha! You're right, it's tilted. I always forget to check that it seems. Thanks.
Nice shots! I really like the lighting, especially on the heron.
Heron shots are great.

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back