He's fast.

manicmike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And he's only 17.

Edited.jpg

Nice panning and composition! I've never tried any motorsports other than motocross which is considerably slower than this. I don't know that I could pull off panning shots like this.

I love the concentration in his eyes! Probably a good thing that he is concentrating.

Did you use a high pass filter to sharpen this? It looks like it may have been overdone just a tad or the opacity might be a little too high. Or maybe it's just due to compression for the web. Anyway, it looks good!

Thanks for sharing,
Travis

Nice panning and composition! I've never tried any motorsports other than motocross which is considerably slower than this. I don't know that I could pull off panning shots like this.

I love the concentration in his eyes! Probably a good thing that he is concentrating.

Did you use a high pass filter to sharpen this? It looks like it may have been overdone just a tad or the opacity might be a little too high. Or maybe it's just due to compression for the web. Anyway, it looks good!

Thanks for sharing,
Travis

Yeah, my first step in post was a high pass filter. I think I may have had the opacity 5-10% higher than it should have been.

Thanks for the comment, I've been working pretty hard to improve.

Yeah, my first step in post was a high pass filter. I think I may have had the opacity 5-10% higher than it should have been.

I have a hard time using the high pass filter to sharpen images. I either unerdo it or overdo it all the time it seems. It's very tricky to get right IMO.

If you have the PSD file still just drop the opacity a little. You are using Overlay as blending mode too, correct? That's what I have always read to use.

Weird how you can tell the high pass from just an oversharpened image.

Keep up the great work! BTW - I bet it would still look great as a print.

Travis

I have a hard time using the high pass filter to sharpen images. I either unerdo it or overdo it all the time it seems. It's very tricky to get right IMO.

If you have the PSD file still just drop the opacity a little. You are using Overlay as blending mode too, correct? That's what I have always read to use.

Weird how you can tell the high pass from just an oversharpened image.

Keep up the great work! BTW - I bet it would still look great as a print.

Travis

I actually use vivid light for the blending mode, between 40-60%, depends on the image. I also do a couple other things to get the effect I want.

I actually use vivid light for the blending mode, between 40-60%, depends on the image. I also do a couple other things to get the effect I want.

Maybe I'll have to give that a try. Everything I've read recommends using Overlay but hey, I'm up to learn new tricks! :thumbup:

Travis

Has it been cropped, too tight for me

I think I cropped a little off the right side. But if the crop is the worst thing, coming from you, I'm ok with that. :D

Has it been cropped, too tight for me

I think I cropped a little off the right side. But if the crop is the worst thing, coming from you, I'm ok with that. :D

Are you going to reprocess it because i may have more to say :lol: just letting you off this time

what is this guys name? does he race ama?

His name's Brad DeLong. He races WMRRA right now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in AMA in the future.

That's great focus against the bokeh, mike.

Is his knee touching the track??
:shock:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back