Hey All

Thats what I thought he meant, but I wasn't completely sure. Im not going to be able to get one till September or so. I have 90% decided on the Canon 30D. I love that dang camera.

When it comes to buying stuff 90%=100%!

If you like the feel of it and the buttons are in the right place for you then you're half way there. Forget all the technical gubbins - a comfotable and easy to use camera will do a much better job for you then a slightly better one which you don't feel as good with. And I'm not saying the 30D is limited - I'd love to have that camera.

When it comes to buying stuff 90%=100%!

If you like the feel of it and the buttons are in the right place for you then you're half way there. Forget all the technical gubbins - a comfotable and easy to use camera will do a much better job for you then a slightly better one which you don't feel as good with. And I'm not saying the 30D is limited - I'd love to have that camera.

I love that camera, the only thing that SLIGHTLY concernes me is the mp. Eight is good, but will be it enough for the next couple years?

I think it will...

I love that camera, the only thing that SLIGHTLY concernes me is the mp. Eight is good, but will be it enough for the next couple years?

Well it won't drop to four megapixels next year :lol: if eight is good now it will still be good in a year or two... just not as good as what is available by then. This IMO is one of the problems of digital SLRs, it's like computer equipment... every year or two something bigger, faster or flashier will come along and you will have to consider whether it's worth an "upgrade"... but of course just like computers, you may not need to "upgrade", especially if you buy a really good body... like JStuedle said, he shoots with a D1X... it may be six-year-old technology but it is still very useable indeed. I use a dSLR with a 6mp sensor which has been around for years now... the technology isn't going to impress anyone, but stick a good lens on it and some good light in front of it, and it will produce great images, even with fairly large prints.

The 30D is a great body. If you were considering the 8mp 30D versus the 10mp XTi, I would definitely choose the 30D if you can afford it; it has advantages which are more important than the difference in pixel count.

thanks. i think i know what i am going to do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back