Hey Bub, Take A Picture Why Don't ya!

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Walked up on this scraggly looking dude. He seemed hurt and could barely get off the ground. EDIT: I just realized that I put this in the wrong thread. How does one move everything to another thread? This belongs in "Nature & Wildlife." (Mods???)

IMG_5691 (2)1.JPG

IMG_5692 (2)1.JPG
IMG_5710 (2).JPG

I know, he's ugly and he ain't winning no photo contest.

Last edited:
i think it was young..maybe fell out of the nest ..cute not ugly

I agree, it could have fallen from a nest, what happened as you got closer ?

I just meant tattered looking, not really ugly. It looked like some animal had got ahold of it and roughed it up. I suspected the same thing, it appeared to be young and tried to fly when I got closer but only managed to get about 2 ft. off the ground at most and fly about 5 ft. in distance from the tree. Then it just sat still and squawked a little. I felt sorry for it but what could I do? I hope it's ok. Here's a couple more pics (over exposed) of it after it flew away from the trunk a little.

IMG_5720 (2).JPG
IMG_5725 (2).JPG

I just meant tattered looking, not really ugly. It looked like some animal had got ahold of it and roughed it up. I suspected the same thing, it appeared to be young and tried to fly when I got closer but only managed to get about 2 ft. off the ground at most and fly about 5 ft. in distance from the tree. Then it just sat still and squawked a little. I felt sorry for it but what could I do? I hope it's ok. Here's a couple more pics (over exposed) of it after it flew away from the trunk a little.

View attachment 174661 View attachment 174662
I know you did not mean anything bad.. it is tattered looking.. but i think because it has not fully grown all its feathers and the stress it is going through.... poor little thing.. i hope mama was around to care for it.. sometimes nature is so sad.. it is likely and unfortunate that we stumble upon this type of scene in our quest for bird photography..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back