Hey Charlie, over here. Oh and others with c&c if you like.

Try turning off the lights and using a flashlight to focus or make sure to use the highest syncing shutter speed your camera will allow to kill the ambient light. No gels needed then. At least for snapshots like these.

I like the flashlight idea, I'll have to try that.

If you can kill the ambient with a high shutterspeed it makes it much easier.

Ok here you go ;) I'm feeling generous today.
$Tyler-portraits-3.jpg

........ I could have used a better fill on the camera right. ......

What do you mean by this statement?

I could have went got my big reflector instead of the little white card that I was using to reflect light with. Just a bigger reflector, from the 8x10 page to a 45" round one. I was being lazy and used what I had close to me.
Just curious because it looks to me that you have a nice lighting ratio going on with a loop lighting pattern. The amount of modeling is appropriate for children, whereas with adults, I'm a fan of heavier shadowing.

Cute kid. Thanks for sharing.

What do you mean by this statement?

I could have went got my big reflector instead of the little white card that I was using to reflect light with. Just a bigger reflector, from the 8x10 page to a 45" round one. I was being lazy and used what I had close to me.
Just curious because it looks to me that you have a nice lighting ratio going on with a loop lighting pattern. The amount of modeling is appropriate for children, whereas with adults, I'm a fan of heavier shadowing.

Cute kid. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Kundalini.

Jason, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I went back in to some of my old pictures and used the Auto WB and it made a world of difference.

Jason, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I went back in to some of my old pictures and used the Auto WB and it made a world of difference.

You could also try selecting the off-colored parts in Photoshop with a 10-20 pixel feather and then try the Auto Color feature. Sometimes it really does get it right, but only if you select the affected area.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back