Hey, I'm a newb...

Blkfocuszx3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok to start i just bought a Sony A200 a couple months ago and just recently found this site which is pretty awsome :thumbup:. I have no editing software and one of my main questions is what should a newb to photography look to get (in editing software). Well here's some shots i've taken...

DSC01459.jpg

DSC01461.jpg

DSC01207.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01224.jpg

DSC01188.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

Sorry if there too big, or there is too many...

Im new too and currently only use the added image software on my new mac. However, from what ive read and seen so far...Photoshop is the way to go....at least thats what I hear so far. Im hoping to get CS4 sometime within a couple months once I gain more knowledge about techniques,, etc.

nice pictures!

For basic modification/editing then most applications will do fine ... you probably got something free with the Camera or with some other hardware. There are a number of free/shareware applications that are not bad.

If you want to do serious editing with RAW images (refer to your manual) ... then you might need to spend some money.
If you have Windows or Mac ... then you should get Adobe Photoshop.
If you have Linux ... then you can use Gimp (free).

Yeah i'm gonna have to check for software that came with my camera, my computers disk drive was broke but we got a new pc now and i need to check.

ford focus.. bad ass

def. check out Photoshop
if you don't want to pay a lot since you're just starting out with editing and such; I'd go with Photoshop Elements 6 or 7; pretty cheap on ebay :]

If you don't feel like spending; Gimp (like dxqcanada said) will do for now
Hope I helped!

Yep, i already have gimp i just don't understand it lol. Photoshop 6 or 7 will work without the original?

i love cs3....but hey its pricey...

I like the style that you take with your photos but...
with the mustange 289 i think the photo would benifit from the 289 log in focus is stead of the tires.
Then the dog is also out of focus but i like the placement in the photo way to play with the rule of thirds

Most reactions

New Topics

Back