Hey! I'm a prize-winning photographer!

GerryDavid said:
terri said:
I never view these festivals as competitive events, as long as I sell enough to get that entry fee back and a little more, I'm happy.

Hmm, I havent heard of a setup like that, but then again I havent been to a real competition like that. Its an interesting idea though, and good opportunity to sell stuff. What was the entry fee?

And congrats on your award! :0)

Thanks Gerry! :D You're saying, you never heard of these festivals being juried events? The majority of them are. If they are asking for a significant cash entry fee, as well as slides of your work, along with the application it's going to be juried. I've seen fees as low as $50 and as high as $300 locally. Depends on the length of the show (1-3 day shows) and the location. I've said before, if you are interested in spending time at a booth to basically sell, you might be interested in scouting out local flea markets. These happen every weekend (as opposed to a seasonal festival) and supposedly are geared toward the more "serious" buyer. :)

Sorry, but I just noticed this now Terri. Congrats with the 2nd place finish. How many festivals have you been in now?

Most reactions

Back