Hey Lightspeed

Yeah I saw that Ron.
I can't believe Pentax did that.
I don't think I can use that camera. I'm so used to Pentaprism viewfinders that I can't go to that camera.
Damn thing doesn't even have a viewfinder. In my opinion Pentax went backwards. Pentax users have been screaming for a full frame for years.
What do they get? A mirrorless consumer model with a K5 sensor. No viewfinder.

They are also coming out with 7 new lenses that appear to be nice.
The 550mm prime looks interesting.
I made the decision to switch over to Nikon because I'm tired of waiting, and waiting, for a Pentax full frame.
D4 pre-ordered.

I'm not even sure how much an advantage mirrorless is.
Or if that would even show up in the kinda stuff I do. My guess is , probably not.
It may provide slightly more accurate auto focus on moving subjects but that's all I can think of.
Nothing tweaking the aperture can't take care of. Maybe I'm missing something.
I dunno.

To my mind the whole bonus of mirrorless was scaling things down - to have a camera with the quality of an SLR and features, whilst also being much smaller overall. From reading that description the only part of the setup that will be smaller is the mirrorless camera - at which point - eh - most will just go for a regular camera with a mirror.

Olympus gets away with their no viewfinder camera by providing an attachable one which slots into the hotshoe - Pentax could do this approach (though I've also heard noise about a m4/3rds mirrorless by olympus with the viewfinder).

Olympus gets away with their no viewfinder camera by providing an attachable one which slots into the hotshoe - Pentax could do this approach (though I've also heard noise about a m4/3rds mirrorless by olympus with the viewfinder).

I believe that's an electronic viewfinder. Also a no go for me.
I like big bright 100% coverage viewfinders. There is no getting around it.
Not for me anyway.

We also have the Panasonic GF1, no viewfinder camera, that you can get a hot-shoe viewfinder for. It is a very substantial camera like an old rangefinder but the fact it has no "in camera" viewfinder it is my wifes "point & shoot".

BTW, the Panasonic m4/3 cameras boost the brightness in the viewfinder or LCD when the light is poor, so you will get a brighter image when stopped down.

Most reactions

Back