Hey look, it's a boring picture

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am friggen pissed right now, I went to pick up my prints yesterday, on top of only getting one of the two rolls I sent out, they where damaged and I ended up with only one usable print. So considering this is all I have to show for the past week :madass:

scan0035_2.jpg

fullsize

On top of that I noticed that the lab techs did a wonderful job of cutting one of my pictures litterally in half wile cutting the neg.

digital has its probs too.

few years go took my son on his first foreign hols he was just over one.

took hundreds of pics

took them to the lab and they printed them out but deleted them of my card.

[now i always copy of the card before i take to lab]

i was really mad cause i wanted to have a play with them at home on the pc

but they did compensate me .................................................

they gave me three rolls of film?????????????????????

for my digital camera :lmao::lmao:

What was the matter with all the other photos on the two rolls you had exposed? Did you do something wrong? Settings? Why was there only one photo printed out of ... 72 (?) negatives?

Is it like that over there, too, that they simply do not make prints of photos that have so many technical flaws that it would only take the money out of the customer's purse if they printed them and charged for prints of "total bloopers"?

The one you show us has a brilliant sky! If I am to assume your main "subject" was the texture of that rock then ... there might have been some more rock within your frame?

Do you already have your new scanner? This one looks a lot less like a "scanned print"-presentation, but more like a "scanned-negative"-presentation. Can I congratulate you to your new scanner?

What was the matter with all the other photos on the two rolls you had exposed? Did you do something wrong? Settings? Why was there only one photo printed out of ... 72 (?) negatives?

They only processed the one roll as of right now, I don't know what is keeping the other one. I just don't understand how they went in together and are comming back seperate. Out of 48 sent I have recieved 22, of those
  • seven intentionally under exposed frames where brightened in the darkroom. That shot of the resteraunt up on the mountain I have been trying to get for months, I can not tell if I am getting close because they'er grey and hazy. I get standard prints because I do not want this compensation.
  • Frame forteen is totally toast even on the negitive, for pete sake I have never seen such carelessness, even when I was in school I have never seen some one misscut a negitive that badly, I've seen the edge of the frame a few times but never the middle of the frame.
  • seventeen of them are bent, scratched and one is even creased slightly from poor handeling by the delivery guy.
  • there are seven or eight shots that are either my error or my effort to just finish the roll, those don't bother me me but.

Normally only getting the one roll back would not bother me, but I have been waiting for that second roll for a couple reasons partly described in the latter portions of this thread

Is it like that over there, too, that they simply do not make prints of photos that have so many technical flaws that it would only take the money out of the customer's purse if they printed them and charged for prints of "total bloopers"?

They have printed some of my biggest screw ups (I'll have to show you some of those when I get the chance) and not printed others, but I do understand they don't print total junk, but it really irks me when they are diserning all of my night shots of lights to be junk. I get the "Standard Prints" Because I don't want them tampering with the image at all, but they don't seem to understand that I actually want to see the flaws.

The one you show us has a brilliant sky! If I am to assume your main "subject" was the texture of that rock then ... there might have been some more rock within your frame?
Actually, with all the times I have been told my skies have been blown out I was trying to get the texture of the rock and see if I could capture a blue sky at the same time. Ironically of the nine shots I took on this day, this is the only one with a blue sky. I wonder what I did right.

Do you already have your new scanner? This one looks a lot less like a "scanned print"-presentation, but more like a "scanned-negative"-presentation. Can I congratulate you to your new scanner?
No, not yet couple more days, Hopefully I'll be able to salvage a few more of this set along with all my other sets once it is delivered.

Most reactions

Back