Hey Newbies. Heres a fun but challenging task pertaining to the 4rth of July.

RumDaddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
NOOOOOO! Not shooting fireworks. Been there, done that. The images arnt worth the stiff neck. Or I should say. Its something youll get bored with real quick. LOL! During the 4rth of July their are as many carnivals/midways as there are fireworks. Im pretty sure if you own a tripod, you can get some truly awesome images out of the carnival at night. Last year I asked for some advice on how to shoot lights at night. IT had a lot to do with using a tripod and slowing my shutter speed. I captured images of a downtown Dairy Queen. But the car less headlights were the kewlest! I think some of you know what I mean.

Perhaps a more experienced photographer can offer some manual setting suggestions.

One of the things Im going to try to do. If Im not booked and have time. I want to take one with the special settings to captures a ferris wheel at a slow shutter speed and then with out moving the camera I want to reset the setting, use a flash and shoot my kids in the same location and then layer the images in photoshop or lightroom later. So Ill have the Ferris Wheel in the background "ALL CRAZY LIKE" lol and also my kids up close looking normal.

If I have time. I may be booked Fri & Sat and may not have the patience on Sunday night and the Midway closes b4 dark on Monday.

One of the things Im going to try to do. If Im not booked and have time. I want to take one with the special settings to captures a ferris wheel at a slow shutter speed and then with out moving the camera I want to reset the setting, use a flash and shoot my kids in the same location and then layer the images in photoshop or lightroom later. So Ill have the Ferris Wheel in the background "ALL CRAZY LIKE" lol and also my kids up close looking normal.
Look up the term "dragging the shutter". You should be able to get that effect in one shot by using a slow shutter speed and hitting your kids with the flash (in second curtain).

You are welcome!

NOOOOOO! Not shooting fireworks. Been there, done that. The images aren't worth the stiff neck. Or I should say, it's something you'll get bored with real quick. LOL! During the 4th of July there are as many carnivals/midways as there are fireworks. I'm pretty sure if you own a tripod, you can get some truly awesome images out of the carnival at night. Last year I asked for some advice on how to shoot lights at night. IT had a lot to do with using a tripod and slowing my shutter speed. I captured images of a downtown Dairy Queen. But the car less headlights were the kewlest!(wth are you talking about) I think some of you know what I mean (no we dont).

Perhaps a more experienced photographer can offer some manual setting suggestions.(your signature said you are an "experienced professional wedding photographer for hire"

Why's it only got to be newbies...maybe expierianced photogs would like to join in on the fun, everyone likes to go look at carnies! :lmao:

shortpants, did you really need to ask that question...seems obvious

RumDaddy said:
Perhaps a more experienced photographer can offer some manual setting suggestions.

But, but, but, I thought you were the guy who has done over 1,000 weddings over the last 20 years, or "more like 2,000."

RumDaddy said:

But, but, but, I thought you were the guy who has done over 1,000 weddings over the last 20 years, or "more like 2,000."

bigthumb.gif

RumDaddy said:

HA! $5,400 in new gear or something too right?

He is sponsored by Sigma too.

Why is it that every time I open one of this photograffer's threads I smell vinegar?

This just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser.

RumDaddy said:

I thought it was $5300 in new gear, $5400 would have given him 10 more years of expieriance and he would be sponsored by Nikon, Cannon, and Pentax! (I fear Sony would have needed $5450 to sponsor him)

I thought it was $5300 in new gear, $5400 would have given him 10 more years of expieriance and he would be sponsored by Nikon, Cannon, and Pentax! (I fear Sony would have needed $5450 to sponsor him)

I was guesstimating. I try not to read threads like that...

Most reactions

Back