Hey Members, let me introduce myself a little better.

RumDaddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Im 2nd generation in the wedding industry. Ive worked for a family biz thats been around since 1982. Im 40 now. I started going along assisting videographers when I was 13 or 14 years old. My mom would have me help the photographers carry their gear around. Or at least the ones that we were familiar with. I was going out on my own doing videography immediately after high school and have been working full time in the industry since 1990. Ive worked side by side with the best and the worst photographers and have learned much from both of their styles. Around 10 years ago I started my own DJ company and around 5 years ago I started to sending out experienced photographers. I have seriously "me personally" worked well over a 1000 weddings in the last 20 years. Closer to 1300-1400. From 1995 to 2005 I was averaging around 70 a year. About two years ago I fell in love with photography. Although I may have a lot of questions pertaining to camera bodys and lenses. And I also know my limitations and take my bride and grooms expectations very seriously. But when it comes to the wedding industry. I was raised in it and have more experience then anyone else around. 85% of our normal wedding photography jobs are done by my two pros. Two people I hand picked and trust to over satisfy every customer. But I am now taking on fluke unusual jobs. 2nd time around or 3 Xs a charm weddings. Weird ones where there is no bridal party. Or they just want the rock bottom most affordable price with no real expectations of mind blowing images. I also have been doing several other types of photography. High School Seniors, Maternity, baby crap.... Even dabbled in product photography. I know my limits and have not disappointed anyone yet. As a matter of fact. I continue to get truck loads of compliments even from some of the oldest most experienced photographers in my area. I have to watch how I word this so I dont come off as someone who thinks hes the bomb. Since I bought my 50D I have really seriously impressed myself, my family members in the biz and all of my friends in the industry. Its coming very natural to me. After stairing through a video camera for majority of my adult life, switching from a Sony HDV to a Canon 50 is by far the most rewarding and exciting decision Ive made in years. In the last year in a half. Ive spent every extra penny on photography gear and and every spare minute out shooting. And have no regrets.

LUV IT!

Good luck to all the Newbies. Photography is a hell of a expensive hobby but is also extremely rewearding. Money comes and goes but certasin images last a life time.

whats the name of your photography business? Post a link to your portfolio.... Obviously you have one otherwise who would hire you right? post some sample shots from the weddings you have done. No one here really believes any of this is true. Proof will help your cause. Anyone can say they are anything when it comes to the internet. For example.... Im a world class bassinet player.. Been playing for over 30 years! My grandfather, Jiminy Cricket ( coincidence, not the actual Jiminy cricket) would take me out to the sweet water river and teach me tunes on the bassoon. I have played in the philharmonic and that other concert where a lot of people come to listen to good music, you know which one im talking about right? the famous one. Anyway, anyone out there who plays the bassoon, whats the thingy you blow into called? ya know, its like round and shiny kinda, ya blow into it, ya know?

DISCLAMER: I do not play bassoon, nor do i have a grandfather Jiminy Cricket...

So, ill say this again PICS OR GTFO TROLL

lol, he could be...

"Experienced professional wedding photograffer for hire"

The nice thing about the internet is that it allows people to be whoever they want to be, to a point. It takes some effort to maintain a facade, especially if one is in a specialized area, and to pass oneself off as a member of a group. However, sooner or later, discrepancies between what is said, and what would be expected of that person in the group, start to pop up and the true members of that group will call out the imposter. Now it is probably harmless for people to claim to be whatever they want to be, as long as they don't give advice puporting to be experienced and knowledgeable in a specific field. But that person starts offering opinions and making statements that appear to be suspect, it is normal and even necessary for others to challenge that individual to reveal their credentials and experience.

Another characteristic distinguishing "professional" people from the wanna-bees is the manner and style of expression. Are they able to write coherently, express their ideas clearly, place punctuation in the right places, and use abbreviations, slang and shortcuts in an appropriate manner? Poor grammar and writing skills severely distract readers from considering the ideas of the writer, just as having various pictorial defects distract a viewer from appreciating an image. One can make allowances for those whose first language is not English, but even here one finds that many multi-lingual people are able to express themselves very well even if their command of the idiom is not perfect. So, my reaction to people's writing is partly based on how well they are able to express their ideas in a gramatically acceptable way. I tend to discount the claims of people calling themselves professional if they don't seem to know the basic elements of grammer, punctuation, or even sentence structure.

I've had a look at your posting history, and if you are the wedding photographer (or is it photograffer?) you seem to be claiming to be, you have an "ahem" unique way of revealing your experience. In another thread, you've been called a troll, which you objected to. Fair enough - information online can be easily misread. Please help us correct our apparently incorrect impression of you. Post some pictures. Tell us how you manage to make sure all your customers are happy. Talk about an instance where things went off the rails, and how you got everything fixed up. I don't do wedding photography, but I am sure I'll enjoy a case study or two, expecially by someone who has vast experience.

why does he have to 'prove' himself? maybe he's a great photogaffer. who really cares?
if he says something stupid as advice to someone else, i'm sure that plenty of people will jump all over him.

pics or teh ban! really?

why does he have to 'prove' himself? maybe he's a great photogaffer. who really cares?
if he says something stupid as advice to someone else, i'm sure that plenty of people will jump all over him.

pics or teh ban! really?

See "COMING SOON" link above. He is certifying himself
bigthumb.gif

WOW... Tuff crowd. FYI. Im for real. I dont want to mention my company name but Ill share some photos. When I get a chance. What the hell is a troll? I run a boating board and have never heard of a troll. Im assuming an alias... But thats fine.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH. IF YOU DONT ENJOY MY COMPANY ON LINE. FOR NOW ON SIMPLY STAY OUT OF MY THREADS.

I dont want to mention my company name ...

Yeah, don't want THAT getting out.

What the hell is a troll? I run a boating board and have never heard of a troll.

You run a board and have been on this one for over a year but you don't know what a troll is?

Most reactions

Back